Author Topic: May Day Lunch, update #16  (Read 2474 times)

cicero

• Super Hero!
Re: May Day Lunch
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2012, 05:02:14 AM »
I would add *something* to the plate - otherwise you just have quiche and salad. (YMMV but it seems that the meal needs something). If not, then maybe add 2-3 spreads for the bread - olive oil/balsamic mix can be one spread, and for the others you can try hummus, veg pate, tapanade (w/o anchovy), etc (let me know if you want recipes for spreads).

for the bread, i've made this recipe a few times - it's delicious.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2012, 11:49:15 AM »
Well, the food went well. I did mushroom quiches, green salads, oatmeal bread with honey butter and fudge cake with strawberry ice cream. I served sparkling cider with dinner and peach nectar when we got back from our walk.

Unfortunately, four of the five guests didn't turn up. :( One did cancel two days in advance, one forgot and when we got hold of her she was  two hours away, one cancelled while I was making the quiche at 11am (I didn't know till after I'd put them in the oven because I wasn't checking Facebook while I was cooking) and I have no idea what happened to the last person- never heard from him.

I am very grateful to the one who did come! R and I had a hilarious lunch and a walk later.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Namárië

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 12:24:31 PM »
Bummer! I hate when people flake out. :( It sounds like everything was delicious, though!
Competence is a trap!
I mostly don't make stuff, but sometimes I do: http://initiationcreation.blogspot.com

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 02:34:45 PM »
It's terrible that so few people showed up for your excellent party.  At least you and the person who did attend had a lovely time. 

For future reference, prosecco and pomegranate juice makes a sparkly, refreshing and not too sweet brunch drink.