News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here:   

• November 26, 2015, 07:21:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: May Day Lunch, update #16  (Read 3117 times)

Re: May Day Lunch
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2012, 04:02:14 AM »
I would add *something* to the plate - otherwise you just have quiche and salad. (YMMV but it seems that the meal needs something). If not, then maybe add 2-3 spreads for the bread - olive oil/balsamic mix can be one spread, and for the others you can try hummus, veg pate, tapanade (w/o anchovy), etc (let me know if you want recipes for spreads).

for the bread, i've made this recipe a few times - it's delicious.

Created by - Free Weight Loss Tools

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2012, 10:49:15 AM »
Well, the food went well. I did mushroom quiches, green salads, oatmeal bread with honey butter and fudge cake with strawberry ice cream. I served sparkling cider with dinner and peach nectar when we got back from our walk.

Unfortunately, four of the five guests didn't turn up. :( One did cancel two days in advance, one forgot and when we got hold of her she was  two hours away, one cancelled while I was making the quiche at 11am (I didn't know till after I'd put them in the oven because I wasn't checking Facebook while I was cooking) and I have no idea what happened to the last person- never heard from him.

I am very grateful to the one who did come! R and I had a hilarious lunch and a walk later.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 11:24:31 AM »
Bummer! I hate when people flake out. :( It sounds like everything was delicious, though!
Competence is a trap!
I mostly don't make stuff, but sometimes I do:

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 01:34:45 PM »
It's terrible that so few people showed up for your excellent party.  At least you and the person who did attend had a lovely time. 

For future reference, prosecco and pomegranate juice makes a sparkly, refreshing and not too sweet brunch drink.