Author Topic: Thread Deleted?  (Read 5238 times)

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
Thread Deleted?
« on: April 05, 2012, 05:34:58 PM »
Hi...I started a fun thread about something that has been in the news a lot over the pats few days, and noticed it has been locked. Would anyone be able to shed any light on this, as people seemed to find it interesting?
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
Re: Thread Deleted?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 08:25:37 PM »
It either got eaten by the same monster that eats socks in the dryer, or the topic was deemed inappropriate for the forums. Or it got moved... I have no idea, those are just the usual culprits.
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 09:01:57 PM »
Hi...I started a fun thread about something that has been in the news a lot over the pats few days, and noticed it has been locked. Would anyone be able to shed any light on this, as people seemed to find it interesting?

What is the pats? 
If the topic was political in any way in any country, it will be locked/deleted.  If it's religious, or selling something, also locked/deleted.

I believe there is a more detailed list somewhere in the stickies in the administration posts.  I didn't see your thread so I have no idea what it was and I don't know what pats is.

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 09:03:15 PM »
Is it the Samantha Brick thread?  It's still there - http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=115031.msg2685390#msg2685390

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 09:05:35 PM »
Ooh you probably meant Sam not Pat. 

I can see that thread getting derailed pretty badly.  Plain jane complaining that women hate her because she is beautiful?  Yeah very badly.

shhh its me

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 09:14:56 PM »
   I really don't know if this was your thread but someone recently posted a UK news story that was political.

cass2591

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 09:32:41 PM »
Hollanda, what Zilla said.

There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~ Mark Twain

Adopting a pet won't change the world, but it will change the world for that pet.

WestAussieGirl

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 09:43:40 PM »

I think pats was just a typo of "past".

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 05:45:05 AM »

What is the pats? 
If the topic was political in any way in any country, it will be locked/deleted.  If it's religious, or selling something, also locked/deleted.

I believe there is a more detailed list somewhere in the stickies in the administration posts.  I didn't see your thread so I have no idea what it was and I don't know what pats is.

It was meant to be past!! Typo!!  8)

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 05:46:19 AM »
Aaaaaah. Sorry Cass.  :( :-[

wolfie

• I don't know what this is so I am putting random words here
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 11:24:59 AM »

I can see that thread getting derailed pretty badly.  Plain jane complaining that women hate her because she is beautiful?  Yeah very badly.

What does Sam refer to? And why Sam and not Pat? (I know the original was a typo but it seems like you can relate it to something)

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 11:27:01 AM »

What does Sam refer to? And why Sam and not Pat? (I know the original was a typo but it seems like you can relate it to something)

When I read the posted link of the found thread, it was a news story about Sam. Sam/Pat nicknames of popular names.  I didn't realize I was wrong on both counts and it was past. lol

wolfie

• I don't know what this is so I am putting random words here
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 11:59:17 AM »

When I read the posted link of the found thread, it was a news story about Sam. Sam/Pat nicknames of popular names.  I didn't realize I was wrong on both counts and it was past. lol

that makes sense. I was thinking there is some group out there called the Sam and was wondering how they are related to Pats.

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 12:34:50 PM »

that makes sense. I was thinking there is some group out there called the Sam and was wondering how they are related to Pats.

You should have seen me trying to think what Pats was, patriots? patsy?

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2012, 01:02:08 PM »
No, no, it was just my fingers typing more quickly than my brain could work.  ???