Author Topic: The Etiquette of the Childfree  (Read 44393 times)

Shoo

• Super Hero!
Re: The Etiquette of the Childfree
« Reply #135 on: August 25, 2012, 10:41:27 AM »
True, though in my reply (which I admit it was not made clear), I was kinda comparing how some parents think their child is welcome anywhere to how some folks believe their pets belong everywhere.

So is this thread about those with children, or those without?  The Subject Line says one thing, but then I keep seeing all these posts about how PARENTS should behave.  Isn't this about how those without children should behave, and how others should behave toward them?

wendelenn

« Reply #136 on: August 25, 2012, 12:37:40 PM »
True, though in my reply (which I admit it was not made clear), I was kinda comparing how some parents think their child is welcome anywhere to how some folks believe their pets belong everywhere.

So is this thread about those with children, or those without?  The Subject Line says one thing, but then I keep seeing all these posts about how PARENTS should behave.  Isn't this about how those without children should behave, and how others should behave toward them?

It's also about how parents should behave toward those who are not.
"I don't mean to be rude", he began, in a tone that threatened rudeness in every syllable.

"--yet sadly, accidental rudeness occurs alarmingly often," Dumbledore finished the sentence gravely.  "Best to say nothing at all."

Ciarrai

« Reply #137 on: September 03, 2012, 10:38:45 PM »
Isn't this about how those without children should behave, and how others should behave toward them?

That was the original plan. It seems to have mutated a bit.

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #138 on: September 07, 2012, 10:06:26 PM »
Isn't this about how those without children should behave, and how others should behave toward them?

That was the original plan. It seems to have mutated a bit.

Yes, it seems to have mutated into how parents should behave.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #139 on: September 07, 2012, 10:13:31 PM »
I took it as how each group could be respectful of the other. Ie Childfree not demanding to know why anyone would want to have a kid, while parents shouldn't demand of the Childfree why they chose not to have kids.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Garden Goblin

« Reply #140 on: October 08, 2012, 03:39:21 PM »
Regarding both pets and children -

They live here.  I am the final arbiter of what constitutes a 'reasonable accommodation' towards your feelings regarding them being here.  You are always welcome to stay in a motel and/or socialize with us outside the home.