Author Topic: Karaoke Etiquette  (Read 11665 times)

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
Re: Karaoke Etiquette
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2012, 05:45:43 AM »
If it's a competition and the performer is (understandably) nervous, it doesn't help to shout "She'spricking it!!' or similar. We know, ok?? I felt hideously sorry for a girl that happened to. She forgot half the words     :(
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

BeagleMommy

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2012, 12:31:05 PM »
The karaoke company probably has a long list of songs available.  Choose from the list.  If they don't have the song you're dying to perform your choices are 1) pick something else 2) decline to perform

It is not funny to allow children to sing vulgar songs.  Choose from the children's section for them.

Applaud for every performer.  It just might make their day.  If you are the performer, say thank you for the applause.

s

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2012, 06:14:46 PM »
One time I went to a happy hour hang out with some co-workers.  My supervisor was there too though I can't remember if he was actually my supervisor at that time.  He was really cool and always standing up for us lowly employees.  Anyways, there was karaoke and he talked me into doing a song.  I like karaoke and I've learned to let loose more so I was like sure why not.  I did my song and shortly after decided to leave since I'd been there awhile. 

Supervisor says "You're just gonna sing and leave?" and I'm like "Yeah, it's getting late."  And then he says "Oh, well it wasn't that good anyways.  See you later."  And I'm like  :o  Who says that?!  I don't think I'm the best singer, heck I might just totally suck and not know it.  However, if I did suck so bad you'd think my friends could be honest enough with me.  (I've done karaoke with friends before that aren't co-workers so I would think they would've told me by now)

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2012, 09:30:27 PM »
Karaoke seemed to be a national pastime in China, especially after banquets  ::).  The most requested song?  Yesterday Once More by the Carpenters.   We weren't drinking, but our hosts often had a few Qingdao beers and let me tell you, that was rough.  I'm not one to talk about my singing, even sober, and looking back, some of my best memories of China were in truly atrocious karaoke parties.