General Etiquette > Techno-quette

"Send them my email 'cause I don't like FB."

(1/5) > >>

Roe:
I have a friend who doesn't like nor use FB.  (which is fine, no problem)

However (and here's the issue), he's constantly asking me to email old friends.  "Send them my email."  I did comply...once or twice.  But it's annoying. 

This morning I got a text with a list of people he wants contact information for.  My response was "get an FB account if you want to find them."  His response was "you are rude."   >:D

Okay, maybe I was rude but I'm tired of being the go-between.  The funny part is about a month ago, I got an FB PM from another friend saying "old friend wants you to email him. He has a question for you."  Ugh...so it's obvious I'm not the only one he is annoying.  Ha!

Bibliophile:
"I'm not an owl!"   ;)

NyaChan:

--- Quote from: Bibliophile on April 12, 2012, 12:42:15 PM ---"I'm not an owl!"   ;)

--- End quote ---

POD!  ;D

Sheila Take a Bow:

--- Quote from: Roe on April 12, 2012, 12:39:35 PM ---I have a friend who doesn't like nor use FB.  (which is fine, no problem)

However (and here's the issue), he's constantly asking me to email old friends.  "Send them my email."  I did comply...once or twice.  But it's annoying. 

This morning I got a text with a list of people he wants contact information for.  My response was "get an FB account if you want to find them."  His response was "you are rude."   >:D

Okay, maybe I was rude but I'm tired of being the go-between.  The funny part is about a month ago, I got an FB PM from another friend saying "old friend wants you to email him. He has a question for you."  Ugh...so it's obvious I'm not the only one he is annoying.  Ha!

--- End quote ---

I'm so confused by this.  He has a way to contact you, but would rather ask another person to ask you to contact him?

This doesn't even sound like it's about finding a way to contact people, it sounds like he's on some kind of power trip.

I'd just tell him, as gently as possible, that you are not his address book and that he needs to find a better way to keep track of his friends' contact information.

still in va:
send him an invoice for secretarial services? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version