Author Topic: The Parking Patootie and the Doggy Derriere  (Read 4789 times)

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
Re: The Parking Patootie and the Doggy Derriere
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 09:41:49 AM »
Honestly just call the authorities. Call the police about the parking, call animal control about the dog. Don't even engage Becky. She knows what's she's doing is illegal and is doing I anyway - you're not going to convince her to stop.

I had almost this exact same thing typed out. Well said.

Becky will know it's her though: all of a sudden her husband's in a wheelchair and starts needing a parking spot, then bam! the cops are cracking down on the previously unpatrolled lot. I don't think this helps with her desire to not be retaliated against.

You should approach *Duane* (Becky's not in charge here) in a straightforward, friendly manner with the story you have told here, minus the Becky stuff.

Not necessarily - the accessible taxi company could the one calling in, afterall OP's DH can't drive yet.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 12:45:06 PM »
There is sometimes no "magic key" that allows us to make unpleasant people do what we want with no unpleasant consequences.

Alexis' loneliness is, unfortunately, her own family's fault, and pain. You will have to decide between upsetting Becky and not having a handicapped parking space for your husband.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 03:15:38 PM »
Make it unanimous.  I agree to just call the authorities without speaking to them first.  I also agree with the poster who said to start calling now instead of waiting for when your family need the space.  Less suspicion that it's you who called.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 03:19:14 PM »
Make it unanimous.  I agree to just call the authorities without speaking to them first.  I also agree with the poster who said to start calling now instead of waiting for when your family need the space.  Less suspicion that it's you who called.

Exactly!
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

magician5

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2012, 03:40:13 PM »
So, don't open your mouth to Becky. Open your mouth to the police. Enough $300+ tickets and she'll find the space less attractive.
There is no 'way to peace.' Peace is the way.

sevenday

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 09:23:33 PM »
This. Call every single time.  If Becky confronts you and starts yapping about how you're getting at her because your husband is in a wheelchair, look at her blankly and say "I don't know what you're talking about."  And THEN call the police and tell them you're being harassed because this woman keeps parking in the spot and getting ticketed.