I am so unbelievably sad and angry right now.
With 3 weeks to go, having done everything they asked of me, waiting forever in pain and discomfort and swelling, Being the best patient I can be, they cancelled my surgery.
I saw the anesthesiologist, and She examined me, and pronounced me incredibly healthy, and saw no real issue with putting me under. The only issue she saw was my weight, and that "you're working on that, so everything else is awesome!"
She then told me that she needed to confer with my gyno, and they would let me know from there what was going on. That was a week and a half ago.
I got a call this morning, letting me know that the "anesthesiologist has declined to do the surgery, and therefore we will not be operating on you here. We have called your G.P to inform them, your treatment is in his hands now." No possibility of appeal, no changing their minds. It is a smaller hospital, but they do perform surgeries there. I guess I'm just that much too fat for them to want to operate on me. I personally think the surgeon didn't want to do the operation, since my anesthetist was happy with my health and prospects. But if that was the case, if she was feeling at all hesitant about operating, why not tell me that from the beginning, and refer me then? Even after the cat scan, at the end of May? Why wait till 3 weeks before the surgery? Why get my hopes up?
After all this waiting, all these tests, all this pain, I now have to start all over again. I have to find a gyno again. Go through all the exams again. Tests again. Waiting again.
If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go off and cry. Again