Author Topic: I'm TIRED of bean dipping - new technique?  (Read 10910 times)

The Ricker

Re: I'm TIRED of bean dipping - new technique?
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 09:37:37 PM »
Where's your DH?   Have him confront this clod.  He is there to  protect you...put the load on him.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 12:41:59 AM »
Where's your DH?   Have him confront this clod.  He is there to  protect you...put the load on him.

This type of attitude has always bothered me, especially on this board when it comes to "Well, it's his family, have him talk to them."  Please note, The Ricker, that I'm not disapproving of you personally, just that it is an overall attitude of which I disapprove; you just happened to be the one to broach it.

This is her problem, not her DH's; if he feels the need back up her, that's great, but he should be the back up, not the vanguard.  If talking to her BFF doesn't work, then she needs to confront him herself.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

The Ricker

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2012, 03:47:17 PM »
Iris and DH are a unit.  They are as one.  An attack on Iris is an attack on DH.  Yes, DH has assisted with beandip, but to no avail.  Iris has tried everything. It's time for a cut direct and bff must bear the consequence of her choice of life partner.  Or DH should, verbally, go medieval on his Ooo, I tried to get around the word filter with a nasty word..

jane7166

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012, 08:49:41 PM »
I'm glad you are still seeing bff without jerk boyfriend because she needs you. 

Actually, I'm kind of surprised jerk doesn't object to her seeing you in social settings without him.  He sounds like the kind of guy who would try to isolate bff from her friends.  He's certainly trying to drive you away from them.