Author Topic: S/O Facebook event invite - kid's birthday party  (Read 1161 times)

Coley

S/O Facebook event invite - kid's birthday party
« on: April 25, 2012, 11:22:06 AM »
A friend sends 30 FB friends a FB invitation to her DD's 6th birthday party, which is in two weeks. Most of the invitees live out of state and some in other countries. They are not related to the friend and DD. The FB invitation states that invitees should contact the friend if they want a written invitation and should include their mailing addresses.

What are your thoughts about this FB invitation? What are the expectations/obligations of the invitees?

We live much too far away to attend this party. Right now, I'm planning to decline the invitation and then post a happy birthday greeting for the child on my friend's wall on her birthday. Is that sufficient?

Irishkitty

• Ce la vie
    • Cards and Crafts by Carol
Re: S/O Facebook event invite - kid's birthday party
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 11:44:04 AM »
Wow, so she invited people who most likely could not or would not attend, and also told them she essentially couldn't be bothered looking up their address or even requesting it?

"What are your thoughts about this FB invitation? What are the expectations/obligations of the invitees? "

1. Gift Grab (seriously first thing that came to mind).
2. You have no obligation here.

What I would say is that if you were planning to or would normally send this particular child a card or gift then please proceed with it, a 6 year old should not miss out because of her parents manners.

If you were not planning to send anything anyway, then a simple rsvp no plus a happy birthday post on FB seem perfectly appropriate.
Ireland
Check out my handmade cards -
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CardsnCraftsbyCarol