Author Topic: The crossover  (Read 6363 times)

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
The crossover
« on: April 28, 2012, 05:05:41 AM »

I have not had a single glitch with the cross to the new server. My internet access is at several portals and EHell works well at all of them. That is pretty cool. Thanks IT guys! Thanks EHell Dame!
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Bijou

• Super Hero!
Re: The crossover
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 08:10:14 AM »

I have not had a single glitch with the cross to the new server. My internet access is at several portals and EHell works well at all of them. That is pretty cool. Thanks IT guys! Thanks EHell Dame!
Hobish, I was just thinking about going to this folder to post that everything seems to be working well, with no more access problems, and found your post.
Yes!  Thanks Admin!   :) :) :)
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 09:35:42 AM »
Same here!  Very happy with how easy this transition has been.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 09:50:49 AM »
Thanks from here, too.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 11:00:12 AM »
I still have quite a few glitches when I'm on my computer at work.  But I think it has more to do with the fact that we're still running IE 6!  We are supposed to get upgraded soon.  It can't be soon enough for me.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

kareng57

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 09:13:07 PM »
I had trouble getting on, for a few hours today.  "Server" issues, or something - not anything I'd understand anyway.  But it seems okay now.

stargazer

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 01:57:00 AM »
It seems to have been mostly down since 12 pm PDT until about now.  I couldn't get on even just a few minutes ago.

Rivaini

• Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.
    • Keto Kitchen
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 02:14:31 AM »
Well hobish had to go and jinx it.  ;)
Err on the side of awesome.

NorCal

Reika

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 02:39:05 AM »

That's what I was thinking when I was having issues tonight. ;)

*hugs hobish*

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 05:09:12 AM »

That's what I was thinking when I was having issues tonight. ;)

*hugs hobish*

No, I'm sorry. I think it was from me. I'll have to ask the not killed yet thread about it. I should have stayed out of it.

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 08:08:27 AM »
So, everyone is not having the morning slowdowns?   I realize that the UKers will probably hit the server right about when back-ups are being done in the wee hours of the morning EST so that is still a potential problem area.

Server was tied up yesterday doing a very complicated task that sucked up all the server resources.  I think we're done.   Big surprises coming soon! 

Perfect Circle

• Birdie in the hand for life's rich demand
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 10:08:29 AM »
It's slow for a bit around 7am BST, but nowhere near the complete shut down it used to be twice a day before the server change, and it goes very fast.
There's a secret stigma, reaping wheel.
Diminish, a carnival of sorts.
Chronic town, poster torn, reaping wheel.
Stranger, stranger to these parts.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 11:38:06 AM »
I had trouble getting on, for a few hours today.  "Server" issues, or something - not anything I'd understand anyway.  But it seems okay now.
I did, too.  This morning it seems fine, though.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Reika

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2012, 11:43:21 AM »
I never had any problems on the old server, so I can't say that there were any differences for me. :)

But I'm glad it fixed problems other folks had.

HorseFreak

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2012, 11:56:09 AM »
I haven't had the early morning slowdowns, but I also haven't been on as much as early. I have noticed some threads randomly refusing to load more than 1/3 of the page and getting stuck in the last few days. If I copy and paste the address into a new tab or go back to the thread list it loads fine. This has been on two different computers on two different networks so I don't believe it's on my end.