Author Topic: It was more interesting when I misread it  (Read 8925 times)

wolfie

• I don't know what this is so I am putting random words here
  • Super Hero!
Re: It was more interesting when I misread it
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2012, 03:13:42 PM »
Waaay back when there was a store called "The Wiz" and the log was "Nobody beats the Wiz". The store near me had the logo on the windows and someone had scratched out all the Bs. So now it said "Nobody eats the Wiz"

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2012, 06:05:33 PM »
I'm  sure this sign has shown up in many places but it still gives me a giggle.

It was a sign advertising a store that offered 'Hardware and Paint'.  However, the final 't' had fallen off. It made the shop seem not quite appropriate for those below the age of consent.

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2012, 09:20:14 PM »
There is a store called Kid's Exchange. It has used kid's clothes at great prices.

Except its sign says Kidsexchange.

Well, more like

Kidsexchange (its really bright and lit from behind so you can't help but see it.)

It gives me, and a few members of my friends/family paroxims of giggles.

Reika

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2012, 11:07:14 PM »
There's a Ford dealership near St. Augustine, FL called Bozard Ford. The first time I saw a car with their tag, I thought it read Biohazard. Somehow I think a dealership called Biohazard would have much more interesting vehicles than your plain vanilla Ford dealership. ;)

emeraldsage85

• Proud auntie of Owen!
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 02:41:09 PM »
This is actually mishearing instead of misreading but maybe it counts. A shampoo commercial was on earlier. It said, "Try pure renewal." I heard it as "Try pure manure." For a moment I thought gross! Manure on your hair?

bopper

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2012, 04:25:38 PM »

Ooh, actually, that might be the real name of the road. There is a neighborhood near me where the streets all have names like that. My favorite is Blue Beaver Road.

We were driving ODD to college and I glanced at the GPS to see "Shades of Death Road" which was the real name. We had to look that up to see what the deal was. Thank goodness for wireless internet!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shades_Of_Death_Road

Nika

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2012, 05:14:07 PM »

Ooh, actually, that might be the real name of the road. There is a neighborhood near me where the streets all have names like that. My favorite is Blue Beaver Road.

We were driving ODD to college and I glanced at the GPS to see "Shades of Death Road" which was the real name. We had to look that up to see what the deal was. Thank goodness for wireless internet!

AHHHH that's so cool! I want to live on that road!
"I am, in fact, a hobbit in all but size."

NyaChan

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2012, 08:52:56 PM »
Saw a cool upscale grocery store with the name "Gourmet Garbage."  Only when I told my friend that I really wanted to check out "Gourmet Garbage,"  she looked very confused, then burst out laughing.  It was "Gourmet Garage."   ::) 

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2012, 12:55:40 PM »
I've had two today, which probably means it's past time for me to go home.

On CNN, one of the headlines on the sidebar was "10-foot beehive a 'mountain of (heck)'" and my first thought was, "that's a big hairdo."

The other was a Google News headline that said "China Manufacturing Teeters Close to Contraction" and my brain said, "What's a teeter?........Oh."
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2012, 06:05:12 PM »
When I was in college, some student protesters had spraypainted "FREE MUMIA!" several places around campus.  I was walking with my roommate when I first saw it and commented "What is mumia, and who's giving it away free?"

She said I needed to get out more.

Jape

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2012, 07:27:58 PM »
I do this all the time.  At the zoo here there is an exhibit with "Rice Field Birds".  Every single time I pass it I read it as "Rice FILLED Birds".

Reika

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2012, 10:51:44 PM »
There's been campaign posters for a candidate for a local position for a guy with the last name of Borello. Mom keeps reading it as Bordello. :)

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2012, 01:36:15 AM »
We went past some political signs when we were on our honeymoon like this: 

John PinchesforCounty Treasurer 

I told Mr. Sirius, "John had better keep his hands to himself!

Ferrets

• "Rugby referees are like bees. They communicate through interpretative dance movements."
  • Dych chi'n moyn dishgled?
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2012, 08:35:58 AM »
At work, I'm currently sorting some reprint permissions for the jacket artwork of Anthony Horowitz's Sherlock Holmes pastiche The House of Silk.

Every time I catch sight of the emails regarding it, I have silent internal giggles from misreading the title as The House of Sulk. And picturing Holmes in an enormous passive-aggressive strop. :D

mamakinz

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2012, 11:30:18 AM »

AHHHH that's so cool! I want to live on that road!

And I know what state you were in, and I know where that road is 😄, it's about 20 minutes from where I live!