Author Topic: You are somebody!  (Read 1997 times)

Garden Goblin

You are somebody!
« on: April 23, 2012, 12:42:59 PM »
A couple days past, I took my son to the activity center.  A coach was finishing up drills, and gave a lecture to his students regarding the activity center.

'Now, I've heard a lot of you complaining about how disorganized the storage room is, and how messy some of the tables get left.  And I've heard you saying 'well, somebody should do something'.  Well, guess what, sunshine, each and every one of you is a somebody!  I don't want to hear anymore of these complaints.  I've seen you running drills so I know your hands and legs work.  Next time you walk by litter, pick it up and put it in the trash.  Next time you see the balls spread out where folks can drip over them, put them back in the bin.  And don't stop just because you've left the center either.  You see pop bottles left on the sidewalk, you toss them.  You see a kid getting bullied, you intervene and you report it.  You are somebody.  Do something.  I see any of you leaving a mess behind, you are benched.  I don't care how many points you scored last game'.

I think I like the local sports culture.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: You are somebody!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 01:12:03 PM »
I like that coach!
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 11:04:58 AM »
LIKE!

That is such a powerful lesson.  What a great coach - and person - that guy is.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 11:28:50 AM »
I like that!  I think sometimes parents can tell kids stuff like that till they're blue in the face but when they hear it from another adult whom they look up to and respect, it has more weight.  It reinforces in the kid's mind what the parent says, like "oh, yeah, they do know something after all!" lol.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

EmmaJ.

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 11:55:32 AM »
That is one terrific coach!  Cheers and applause!

diesel_darlin

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 06:28:06 PM »
*clicks the invisible like button for this post*  ;D