Author Topic: "New" notification button goes missing...  (Read 2227 times)

alegria

"New" notification button goes missing...
« on: May 14, 2012, 03:57:42 PM »
Today I've noticed that when I click the little "new" button to read the new posts in the thread, when I return to the forum the "new" button on the thread below it has disappeared (despite it being there before I clicked the first one).  This has happened in at least four different forums today - talk about a weird glitch!  Hopefully it's something simple to fix!  :)

alegria

Re: "New" notification button goes missing...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 11:11:02 AM »
Still happening yesterday and today.  :)

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 11:50:13 PM »
You appear to be the only person with this particular problem so the problem lies with your computer or browser.   Sorry, but I don't think I can help you resolve this one.    Tried the compatibility button on your browser?

alegria

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 11:07:25 AM »
Okay.  Guess I'll just hope it will fix itself then.  Thanks for the response.  :)

I'm using Mozilla on WinXP, for what that's worth.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 11:16:19 AM »
I have a weird glitch that happens sometimes, too.  Only on my work computer, using IE6.  We are supposed to be upgraded soon so I hope it goes away.

I'll be typing a post, go to insert a smiley and most of what I've written disappears as the smiley appears.  Most of the time, I decide it means I shouldn't post what I was writing and just give up.   :)
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 05:16:42 PM »
With weird glitches, it never hurts to clear your cache. Maybe a reboot too, for good measure.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture