Author Topic: Re: I'm gonna do it . . . Turducken. MENU #13 . . . UPDATE #21  (Read 3523 times)

marcel

Re: I'm gonna do it . . . Turducken. Please help with sides. MENU #13
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2012, 04:51:26 PM »
I have no specific idesa here, I just wanted to point out that just because you are having turkey, doesn't mean that the rest have to be anything like thanksgiving.
Wherever you go..... There you are.

cicero

• Super Hero!
Re: I'm gonna do it . . . Turducken. Please help with sides.
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 03:12:43 AM »
sounds perfect! lovely variety.

Dessert:

ARG! Do I need to serve dessert? Maybe a cake from the bakers. (Or ask my mom for her carrot cake . . . but then, she'd be the only person bringing anything.)

that isn't a serous question, is it? ;D
store bought cake, mom's carrot cake, tray of cookies, anything would be fine. hey you know what? if you invite me, i'll bring my amazing carrot cake.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 08:36:11 AM »
I don't see anything wrong with grandma being the only one to bring something...Grandma's Carrot Cake is an exception. ;)
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

magicdomino

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2012, 11:13:08 AM »
We are coming into summer.  I vote ice cream for dessert, perhaps with cookies or cake.  People can take a little bit or a bowlful, depending on how much room is left.  The other thing that comes to mind is a summer fruit pie, either cherries or blueberries. 

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2012, 11:41:49 PM »
Ooh, if you're going to do corn on the cob, and you have room in your oven, bake it in the husk at 350 for half an hour. It's magical. Let's just say I don't even need butter and salt to enjoy it (and I will butter and salt just about everything).

I do mine on the grill in the husk after soaking in water for.a couple hours.   Absolutely divine and using the grill avoids a cluttered oven and timing issues. 

One suggestion for the menu....the potatoes and veggie are all eeally starchy types.  ....green beans, potatoes and corn...what about a lighter type veggies like carrot or asparagus? 

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2012, 12:30:57 PM »

One suggestion for the menu....the potatoes and veggie are all eeally starchy types.  ....green beans, potatoes and corn...what about a lighter type veggies like carrot or asparagus?

I didn't realize that green beans and corn are starchy. Funny thing is that carrots, peas and beets were on both the lists that I looked up (starchy & non starchy veggies)

This is actually important because my father is diabetic. I'll remember this the next time he comes for dinner.

Learn something new every day! Thanks for the knowledge.  ;D

I will have plenty of non starchy veggies on my veggie tray and fresh garden salad.

jpcher

• Super Hero!
Re: I'm gonna do it . . . Turducken. MENU #13 . . . UPDATE #21
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2012, 02:34:49 PM »
Please see my update in the coffee break folder . . . I didn't want to post the same thing twice.

Thanks, everybody! Food was a smash! ;D

http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=115363.msg2696139#msg2696139

P.S. My mom brought her carrot cake. I can't tell you how many hugs, kudos and thank-you's she received. It really made her feel good. ;D
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 02:38:39 PM by jpcher »