Author Topic: Canadian hotels  (Read 6059 times)

cutejellybeen

Re: Canadian hotels
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 03:52:34 PM »
Glad you found the info on the websites!! Where in Canada are you visiting??

Rohanna

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 04:00:48 PM »
Thunder Bay airport charges for wifi (as of the last flight I did out of here) but they do not have an "airport improvement fee"- in fact we're the only Canadian airport not to.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. ~ Jack Layton.

Barney girl

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 04:18:28 PM »

We're doing rather a whistlestop tour - Quebec City for a few days, then flying to Edmonton to pick up the sleeper followed by a few days in Vancouver. I know we'll not have enough to time to do it justice and there are other places I would have liked to add on, but those pick up the highlights both of us wanted.

cutejellybeen

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 07:21:41 PM »

We're doing rather a whistlestop tour - Quebec City for a few days, then flying to Edmonton to pick up the sleeper followed by a few days in Vancouver. I know we'll not have enough to time to do it justice and there are other places I would have liked to add on, but those pick up the highlights both of us wanted.

That sounds amazing!! I hope you enjoy your train through the rockies - I've always wanted to do that!! Quebec City is just amazing, you will enjoy it. :)

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2012, 08:32:47 PM »
Very few chains will not have shampoo and a hairdryer - I vaguely remember that Super 8s don`t always have hairdriers though.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Lynnv

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 11:26:12 PM »
Very few chains will not have shampoo and a hairdryer - I vaguely remember that Super 8s don`t always have hairdriers though.

I generally stay in Hampton Inn/Hilton Garden Inn and HI Express level hotels.  I have never stayed at either chain (regardless of country) where shampoo/conditioner/soap/hair dryer/coffee/breakfast weren't part of the package.  And the same has held true of any of the chains in that mid-range price point level.  A few small local hotels have had less-and Super 8 hasn't always had breakfast, but otherwise mid-range chains are remarkably similar in what amenities they offer IME. 
Lynn

"Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."  Robert A. Heinlein