General Etiquette > Etiquette of the Rich and Famous

Will.i.am texts while carrying the Olympic Torch

(1/8) > >>

emeraldsage85:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4331796/Voice-judge-William-in-Olympic-Torch-procession-fury.html

Will.i.am, a member of the Black Eyed Peas, was recently chosen as an Olympic Torch bearer. He ran a mile through Taunton, Somerset. He held the torch in one hand and his phone in the other, tweeting several times. Many of the pictures of his run show him focused on his phone and not the crowd.

In my opinion, this is completely rude. There's plenty of time before or after the event to tweet about it and doing it during such an important event is disrespectful to everyone involved.

Betelnut:
I agree.  Why the heck couldn't he just enjoy the experience?

Namárië:
I dunno, that seems pretty impressive to me! Walking, texting, and not setting yourself on fire!

Bibliophile:

--- Quote from: Namárië on May 25, 2012, 12:03:23 PM ---I dunno, that seems pretty impressive to me! Walking, texting, and not setting yourself on fire!

--- End quote ---

HA!  It doesn't really bother me so much, but it's not like he couldn't Google to find a pic of himself with the torch. 

--- Quote from: Betelnut on May 25, 2012, 11:52:53 AM ---I agree.  Why the heck couldn't he just enjoy the experience?

--- End quote ---

I think about this at every concert where the crowd is too busy taking pics with their phones and looking down when they could be looking at the stage.

Kitty Hawk:
Probably off-topic, but a number of my British friends were offended by a non-Briton carrying the torch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version