Author Topic: Traffic to the new wedding site  (Read 13524 times)

wellisawstar

Traffic to the new wedding site
« on: May 25, 2012, 07:19:02 PM »
I must admit that I have a selfish reason for loving the wedding etiquette threads, as I'm rapidly heading toward my wedding date. However, I'm pretty bummed that the threads at the new wedding site are pretty much stagnant. Thankfully, I don't have a lot of wedding issues that I need to post about, or else I'd shake it up over there.

Before I was engaged, I would casually read the wedding threads. I wonder whether a lot of the readers of the wedding threads were in the same boat and aren't following over because it's another site altogether.

I'm hoping the wedding threads return to EHell so I can one-stop shop for all of my etiquette needs or that the wedding site picks up. Thoughts?

Betelnut

Re: Traffic to the new wedding site
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 07:21:27 PM »
I don't go to the new site.  I miss having them here.
"And thus the whirligig of time brings in his
revenges." -- Feste, Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare.

Native Texan, Marylander currently

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 07:36:18 PM »
I love the wedding threads, but I have no particular interest in adding another site to the list of sites I try to remember to visit regularly. Also, since I'm not in the middle of any particular wedding-related activity, I'm that much less inclined to seek it out.

For me, it's like a TV show that I enjoy when I stumble upon it, but not enough to seek it out on a regular basis.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

angilamae

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 07:37:27 PM »
I don't remember about the other site to be honest.  I do like wedding stuff (even though I am not engaged or helping anyone with one at the moment) but I haven't been seeking them out on other forums.  I did read them all the time here though.
I can resist everything except temptation-Oscar Wilde

jimithing

• Super Hero!
  • Life Is Too Short to Wear a Bad Outfit!
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 07:41:42 PM »
I honestly forget about the new site. Something sparked my memory today, and I popped over, but when I saw that no new threads had been started for days, I clicked out. It is a bummer.

still in va

• used to be gjcva1
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 10:13:43 PM »
that's how it is for me.  i check out Hell's Belle's once or twice a week.  i used to check the wedding threads on this forum a couple of times a day. 

added to that, i have no idea what my password is anymore.  i simply have GOT to find the orange notebook with the passwords, i know i didn't lose it in the move.  but since i don't know my password, i can't log in and post on those threads.

Iris

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 10:21:31 PM »
I'm the same. I have no direct interest in weddings at the moment so I tend not to go over there, but I did enjoy incidentally checking out stories while they were here.  :'(

Presumably there was a good reason for separating the boards and for eHellDame's sake I hope it ends well, but it will ultimately be a different community to the one here I think, with a little overlap.
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 10:43:49 PM »
I'm the same.  I clicked on the thread because it was right there, but now I keep forgetting.  A shame because I do find the fun topics there really entertaining and amusing.

kareng57

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 11:31:13 PM »
I too agree.  I'm not actively involved in any weddings right now, but I have two sons in their mid 20s and I think that within the next 5 - 10 years, there could be wedding plans.  So I've always been interested to see what is considered "routine" these days.

I'm guessing that the site was split because of too much traffic, but I too kind of miss it - and even when I've checked, I agree that the traffic is negligible.

AngelicGamer

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 12:55:22 AM »
I possibly missed that thread, so I'm going to go looking.  I didn't realize there was a big reason why, just that the Dame wanted another site.  Sometimes I miss things.  :D

ETA: Scratch that, I found it.  Makes sense for the move, but sad that it is going to be slow over there.  I'm like the others on this thread with not wanting to add on another site to my large online blog/forum reading.  It's spilling over to my Kindle Fire sometimes.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 12:59:40 AM by AngelicGamer »

"Life's tough, huh?  And then you die." ~ Buck, the Magnificent Seven.

MariaE

• So many books, so little time
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, 01:57:18 AM »
I'm with the others. I check a couple of times a week, but it's not a priority the way this site is. I wish the two hadn't been separated.

Dane by birth, Kiwi by choice

yachtchick

• Caribbean Cat Charters
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2012, 03:04:09 PM »
Here is a POD to the above.  I liked to read the threads but am not going to seek them out.
You can not control the wind - you can only adjust your sails.

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2012, 04:18:45 PM »
I have to echo everyone else.   I enjoyed reading the threads as they came up here, but don't think to go over there at all.  I get email notifications for the migration of threads in which I was involved, but I don't go over there because I know they are old threads. 

camlan

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2012, 06:37:36 PM »
I keep forgetting the new site exists.

No plans to get married, but sometimes it is interesting to read and maybe comment on the wedding threads. But I simply forget all about them now that they are not popping up when I search for new threads.
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, “I’m possible!” –Audrey Hepburn

Tilt Fairy

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2012, 06:49:15 PM »
I used to love reading the wedding threads! But like the others, I completely forget about the other site so never go on it. I miss it all being in one place :(. It's a shame because the wedding threads are fun