Author Topic: Stumper jokes  (Read 16270 times)

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
Stumper jokes
« on: May 26, 2012, 09:12:56 PM »
This thread's for jokes that seem so obscure that you're not sure anyone's going to get them.  I'll start:

A man walks up to a computer programmer on the street.  The man says to the programmer "I haven't had a bite in three days."  So the programmer gives the man a dollar.

(Anyone want to guess why?  :D)

Tierrainney

• Where the swans winter
Re: Stumper jokes
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 09:15:05 PM »
What do you get when you cross a mountain climber with a mosquito?

Nothing.

You can't cross a scaler with a vector.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

Iris

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 09:30:48 PM »
What do you get when you cross a mountain climber with a mosquito?

Nothing.

You can't cross a scaler with a vector.

See, I actually know what a scal(a)r and a vector are, I know why you can't cross them. And I *still* don't get this joke because I don't know how you get from mosquito to vector. Is this a regional thing?
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 09:55:37 PM »

See, I actually know what a scal(a)r and a vector are, I know why you can't cross them. And I *still* don't get this joke because I don't know how you get from mosquito to vector. Is this a regional thing?

In biology, a vector is an organism that transmits a pathogen to the host (aka, infects something with disease). Mosquitos are vectors to a number of lovely disease, such as malaria, dengue, etc.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 10:05:12 PM »
This thread's for jokes that seem so obscure that you're not sure anyone's going to get them.  I'll start:

A man walks up to a computer programmer on the street.  The man says to the programmer "I haven't had a bite in three days."  So the programmer gives the man a dollar.

Because a byte is 8 bits, and there are 8 bits to a dollar!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.

Iris

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 10:06:25 PM »

In biology, a vector is an organism that transmits a pathogen to the host (aka, infects something with disease). Mosquitos are vectors to a number of lovely disease, such as malaria, dengue, etc.

Ah, I see. I'm afraid the last time I studied any biology I was about 14 years old  :)
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 10:09:40 PM »

Because a byte is 8 bits, and there are 8 bits to a dollar!

A winner is you!

Tierrainney

• Where the swans winter
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 10:30:06 PM »

Ah, I see. I'm afraid the last time I studied any biology I was about 14 years old  :)

Well, we were asked for stumper jokes.  ;)

I don't get to tell this one very often as is does combine different scientific knowledge, but I always have liked the "what do you get when you cross..." type of jokes.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 11:28:55 PM »
This is so stupid it makes me laugh, partly because it's one Al Pacino kept telling Johnny Depp while shooting "Donnie Brasco" together and Johnny said he didn't get it for a while, or as Letterman suggested, it might have been that he didn't want to admit that he got it.

A skeleton goes into a bar.  Orders a beer, and a mop.

To hear Johnny tell it, and do his Al Pacino impression: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84-vIZztZLo
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2012, 12:58:54 AM »
How did Little Johnny's math teacher know he was from a dysfunctional family?  Because he failed the vertical line test.

(The vertical line test being the way to tell whether something is a proper function or not . . .)

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 11:45:48 AM »
It doesn't matter how many times I try to explain this to my sister and mom, they never get it...

(Warning: Other strips on the site contain adult material; browse at your own risk.)

http://www.explosm.net/comics/2322/
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 11:48:23 AM »
 ;D
It doesn't matter how many times I try to explain this to my sister and mom, they never get it...

(Warning: Other strips on the site contain adult material; browse at your own risk.)

http://www.explosm.net/comics/2322/
into books first.

Sanity Lost

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2012, 06:18:43 PM »
^^^
 :-[

I don't get it

Harriet

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2012, 06:49:40 PM »
^^^

I don't get it

Sanity Lost, look up the definition of onomatopoeia!

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2012, 06:51:08 PM »
^^^

I don't get it

ONOMATOPOEIA
: the naming of a thing or action by a vocal imitation of the sound associated with it (as buzz, hiss)
: the use of words whose sound suggests the sense (like splash.)
into books first.