Author Topic: S/O Re: Posting wedding photos online  (Read 3992 times)

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
Re: S/O Re: Posting wedding photos online
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 12:52:33 AM »
I think "no photography in chuch" is pretty common, she should have no hesitation requesting that. And I like the suggestion above "please reserve photogaphy for cocktail hour" on the progams becase its a postive message: what guests can do instead of what they can't.

For things like first dance perhaps she could time it to happen as first course is served and not have it announced so people are otherwise engaged and she just keeps it an intimate moment with her new husband. Or have her MC request people remain seated.

lisen

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 01:01:19 AM »
I think "no photography in chuch" is pretty common, she should have no hesitation requesting that. And I like the suggestion above "please reserve photogaphy for cocktail hour" on the progams becase its a postive message: what guests can do instead of what they can't.

For things like first dance perhaps she could time it to happen as first course is served and not have it announced so people are otherwise engaged and she just keeps it an intimate moment with her new husband. Or have her MC request people remain seated.

That is actually a really good idea! I have passed it on.

lmyrs

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 06:17:39 PM »
Another thing. If your friend is very adament that she not have photos of her online, she needs to get herself on Facebbok (if she hasn't already) and friend his family. If she's on there, there's a good chance that she will know when someone puts up a picture of her since they'll tag her. If she's not on Facebook, she'll likely never find out.

StarFaerie

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 07:49:53 AM »
Why not have her get the celebrant/priest/other person performing the ceremony to request it in his/her opening messages. In most weddings I've been too, just before the processional they ask that mobile phone be turned off and that no photos be taken during the service. Often they will also add that they will give a photo opportunity at the end for those who want it.