Author Topic: What could I say? (Very Long!)  (Read 24830 times)

Nora

Re: What could I say? (Very Long!)
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2012, 03:17:06 PM »
I do get why she posted her long reply that included "I am not a troll", as several of the preceding posts  had a very suspicious "gotcha" vibe.
Just because someone is offended that does not mean they are in the right.

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2012, 03:28:28 PM »
I do get why she posted her long reply that included "I am not a troll", as several of the preceding posts  had a very suspicious "gotcha" vibe.

Gotcha vibes?  I got confusion vibes. 

NyaChan

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2012, 03:36:35 PM »
I thought people were calling her a troll also.

Corvid

• Etiquette Hell Thread Assassin Squad
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2012, 06:43:06 PM »
It is well beyond time to employ the cut direct to your ex-neighbor.

What a whackaloon.  Do not engage the crazy.

thlayly

• I love animals, singing and reading!
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2012, 07:51:22 PM »
I agree with Corvid.

FWIW, if I overheard someone saying any of our Ehell phrases to get someone to leave them alone, I would not think they were rude.So, Hollanda, if I heard you saying an Ehell phrase used to shut down a conversation with this woman, I'd think she was the rude one, not you.
"Zen 'ow can I if she mek me?"

Bibliophile

• May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2012, 08:14:24 PM »

Gotcha vibes?  I got confusion vibes.

I got confusion too as i first thought she left the bar without talking to the bartender about the crazy lady, but the update sounded like she did talk to him before leaving. I'm actually still pretty confused on this one. I just can't see giving much credence or waste much time worrying about the lunatic ramblings of an ex-neighbor.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 10:10:31 AM by Bibliophile »

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.” ~ Groucho Marx

AustenFan

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2012, 08:49:02 PM »
I'm confused too, sorry Hollanda

The way I'm understanding it is that the time when you left the bar you spoke to the manager and let him know what Rachel said and that she wasn't affiliated with child protection or social services, but you couldn't have known that until you checked with your friend the next day.

I'm also not sure how Rachel could be in trouble for lying. Who is she in trouble with? I can't imagine the pub manager has any power or authority over her.

NyaChan

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2012, 08:52:20 PM »
I figured she was in trouble with whatever medical facility she works for as she was misrepresenting the scope of her authority.

AustenFan

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2012, 09:00:22 PM »
OP said her friend works in a hospital and knows Rachel, not that Rachel works in a hospital or medical authority. Even if Rachel does, I can't see how an unverified accusation passed on by a third party can get anyone in trouble.

Harriet

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2012, 09:13:46 PM »
My friend has emailed me. This woman has nothing to do with CPS . The management of the establishment now knows she's lying and she is trouble. This removes the scary aspect.

Hollanda didn't say "in trouble," she said "is trouble." I took this to mean that the pub manager knows that Rachael is bad news, not that R is in trouble at R's work. I'm guessing the conversation with the pub manager Hollanda's referring to occurred when she explained why she was leaving before the competition was over. The email from the friend happened later but Rachael had lied about other things as well.

OP, feel free to clarify, though.

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2012, 09:15:49 PM »
Hence the confusion.  Not trolling.

Just wanted to reiterate that point.

AustenFan

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2012, 09:25:03 PM »
Ahhhh, we are going to chalk this one up as a huge comprehension fail. Sorry!

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2012, 03:01:51 AM »
Ok. I explained to the manager what she had been saying and expressed serious suspicions as to the plausibility of what she did. My suspicions were grounded on this: why would you, if you had a very confidential job, take a laptop to a busy pub and work in plain view of everyone? That makes no sense. I voiced my concerns that she was going round saying these things and he agreed. He'd noticed a lot himself. It was a very scary thing to hear this woman tell me she could get our baby removed from us and maybe I overthought it but I was. scared.  :'( It's still worrying. 

I don't know when I will see her again. DF reckons I just go on Sunday...I am seriously unsure about it. I don't want to exacerbate the drama but equally I don't want to deliberately avoid. It's a long weekend this weekend so....hmmm. I'll decide on Sunday!
Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Perfect Circle

• Birdie in the hand for life's rich demand
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2012, 04:04:43 AM »
Go about your life as you were planning to. Do not let this kind of a bully woman steal a moment of your normal life enjoyment, she is not worth it.

Good luck. I hope it all goes well.
There's a secret stigma, reaping wheel.
Diminish, a carnival of sorts.
Chronic town, poster torn, reaping wheel.
Stranger, stranger to these parts.

magician5

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2012, 06:55:15 AM »
Sometimes I just need some ideas of how I could handle myself better if the need arose again.

Sorry to say it, but you are too polite. Why do you even say "hello" to her?

We have a similar whackaloon in our building - I never had or imagined such a situation! These days, if we chance to encounter her and are forced to speak, all we say is "I don't think we have anything to say to each other."

If she is determined to make more trouble, I'm sure she can find a way, but why get into any sort of conversation when it's bound to turn out badly.
There is no 'way to peace.' Peace is the way.