Author Topic: Men's Breakfast Menu  (Read 4059 times)

RobinJ

Men's Breakfast Menu
« on: May 29, 2012, 11:54:18 AM »
We are hosting our church's monthly men's breakfast next Saturday.  There will be about 20 men in attendance, give or take a few.  Here is what I am planning.  These are men that like to EAT.  No vegetarians, allergies or anything.  Any additions?

Cream cheese sausage casseroles (Sausage, cream cheese, crescent rolls) 1-spicy / 1-regular
Cinnamon Rolls (one pan with nuts and one without)
Hashbrown Casserole
Bacon
Scrambled eggs
Bagels/cream cheese
Fruit (watermelon, strawberries, grapes, apple slices)

Coffee (cream, sugar, etc)
Juice
Milk
Water

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
Re: Men's Breakfast Menu
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 12:03:41 PM »
It sounds great to me.  I would probably sub out the bagels for biscuits or rolls, but that's because I think of a bagel as being a "whole" meal for breakfast versus just a breakfast bread. 

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 01:11:10 PM »
I think I would also throw in some plain bread for toasting (with jelly and butter on the table). 

MummySweet

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 01:15:01 PM »
Before our recent move my husband hosted men's breakfast on a regular basis.  His menu was similar to yours with the addition of individual yogurts, a second meat (usually cold) and a selection of tea bags  (it was England after all).

RobinJ

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 02:31:17 PM »
OP Here.

I was wondering about adding sliced bread to the menu but wasn't too sure if that would be too much bread with the bagels and cinnamon rolls.  I'll go ahead and grab a loaf or two then to have on hand.  I'd rather have way too much food than not enough!  I wish I could make biscuits.  I've tried but they never come out right.  :(

We have a Keurig that needs to be fixed (real slow drip per cup) so we are getting the big coffee to go container from Panera and I have a thing for a free bagel pack with cream cheese.

And yes, I had planned on tea bags but forgot to put on the list.

Suggestions for other meats?

Rivaini

• Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.
    • Keto Kitchen
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 02:34:17 PM »
Ham steaks.
Err on the side of awesome.

NorCal

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 07:32:56 PM »
Please, would you post a recipe for your Cream cheese sausage casseroles? That sounds devine!

I agree with ham . . . maybe not steaks, but a canned ham (soaked in water for a few hours to remove the saltiness) whole slices, or strips, or cubed, served cold. No cooking needed . . . or warm it for a bit in the oven (goes well with the scrambled eggs.)

I'm also thinking that a fresh veggie tray would work . . . you know, us womens wants to keeps our mens healthy, right? ;) . . . Plus, I love fresh tomatoes with scrambled eggs . . . Tomatoes, baby carrots, sliced mushrooms (which mixes well with scrambled eggs), celery (which goes well with your cream cheese), nothing fancy but it's there, know what I mean?

Biscuits? Pillsbury poppin-fresh biscuits in a tube are awesome and easy to make.

POF

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 07:43:11 PM »
Sausage Gravy and biscuits ...... Keep the gravy warm in a crock pot ( you can keep the biscuits warm in a crockpot too )

Scrambled egg toppings ( again - borrow little crockpots ) - onion, peppers, etc.

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 10:54:27 PM »
Me seconding the request for the sausage cream cheese casserole!  Sounds absolutely sinfully divine!

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 10:55:12 PM »
What about pancakes or french toast?

Isometric

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 11:25:11 PM »
Sounds great! I would maybe add some cooked tomatoes and/or butter/plain mushrooms, but I think you have plenty there. Baked beans also go down well for a hot brekafast!

I would definitely go for some bread to make toast, with a few spreads too!

Miss Understood

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 11:36:30 PM »
I think the original menu is excellent, but if you are worried about biscuits, those Pilllsbury Grands biscuits in a can are so much better than anything I could make from scratch (disclamer:  I do not work for Pillsbury, nor does anyone in my family - I just know that whenever I put those "Grands" in the oven everyone is nosing around to see when they will be ready).     

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 11:45:15 PM »
I'd drop the fruit and add another meat.

Kaypeep

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 08:42:40 AM »
I'd make some London Broil the night before, then slice it cold the next day for the breakfast.

POD the bread.  Most men I know don't go for sweets, and bagels can be hit or miss. If you have a toaster you can't go wrong with simple toast with butter (and maybe jelly.)

yokozbornak

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 08:46:13 AM »
I think it looks great!  If you do want to substitute biscuits for the bread and bagels, buy some frozen ones and bake.  They look and taste homemade.

I would also keep the fruit tray.