Author Topic: Men's Breakfast Menu  (Read 4002 times)

RobinJ

Re: Men's Breakfast Menu
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 09:01:07 AM »
Here is the recipe:

Sausage Cream Cheese Casserole - so easy but I always get requests for this at breakfasts.

1 pound sausage (we prefer the spicy or hot version)
8 ounces cream cheese
2 cans crescent rolls

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Grease 9x13 pan and spread one package of crescent rolls in bottom of pan.  Bake in preheated oven 5-8 minutes.

Meanwhile, brown sausage.  Drain and return to skillet.

Add cream cheese to sausage and mix until well blended. (I usually put the cream cheese out on the counter right before going to bed the night before to soften it.)

Pour over baked crescent roll.  Top sausage mixture with second can of crescent rolls.  Bake 8-12 minutes or til browned on top.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Simple-Sausage-Casserole/Detail.aspx

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 09:13:17 AM »
Hungry Jack Flaky biscuits... and you can make meat pies with them if you can't make the crust from scratch.

French toast (unless it's too much work).

Bibliophile

• May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 09:30:43 AM »
Why not some add-ins for the eggs?  Shredded cheese, sauteed shrooms & onions (pre-cooked), stuff like that.

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.” ~ Groucho Marx

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 09:40:38 AM »
I think everyone has offered some wonderful breakfast items.  But I think your original menu offers enough variety and enough food for a group of 20.  I know if I was going to a breakfast, I wouldn't be expecting a full breakfast buffet with every breakfast option imagineable.

Honeypickle

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 09:49:13 AM »
Off topic so apologies - but I would love to know what this Men's Breakfast is? Can any man go? Are there equivalent Women's Breakfasts?

I have never heard of this before!

RobinJ

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 10:59:41 AM »
Off topic so apologies - but I would love to know what this Men's Breakfast is? Can any man go? Are there equivalent Women's Breakfasts?

I have never heard of this before!

The men get together one Saturday a month, usually the 2nd Saturday, and have a time of prayer and socializing.  Families can sign-up to host the breakfast.  Any man that wants to attend can do so.

The women get together on Thursday evenings once a month.  Usually after dinner.  The ladies like doing evenings better than getting up early on Saturday mornings.   ;D

Editeer

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2012, 06:12:56 PM »
I was imagining a "Men's Breakfast" that consisted of manly foods, fit for real men . . . like bacon, beer, buffalo steaks . . .  :)

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2012, 07:56:51 PM »
Thanks, RobinJ for posting the recipe.

I will definitely do that for my next brunch.

I think everyone has offered some wonderful breakfast items.  But I think your original menu offers enough variety and enough food for a group of 20.  I know if I was going to a breakfast, I wouldn't be expecting a full breakfast buffet with every breakfast option imagineable.

I agree with Hmmmm . . . I like the idea of toppings for the eggs and maybe Pilsbury biscuits (because you asked) instead of toast, but other than that I don't think you need to sway too much from your original plan.

I'd definitely keep the fruit tray.

Honeypickle

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2012, 05:19:00 AM »
Thanks for the explanation RobinJ - sounds very nice!

tartxcherries

• Bears.Beets.Battlestar Galactica!
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2012, 02:56:39 AM »
I think your menu sounds great! Also, I never thought of making the sausage/cream cheese into a casserole, that would be much easier for larger gatherings. I always called them sausage/cream cheese rollups, and would just make individual ones by putting a scoop of the cooked sausage/cream cheese mix into the unbaked crescent triangle and then folding it over the top and baking per the crescent package instructions. :)