Etiquette School is in session! > "I'm afraid that won't be possible."

The Graduation Gimmee Pig

<< < (2/4) > >>

Shoo:
I wouldn't even send a card.  I'd simply respond with my regrets and forget about it. 

SamiHami:
Okay, everyone! All you Ehellions pay attention! I need money so I expect every single one of you to send me $100 right away, so get to it!

How stupid does that sound? I can "expect" anything but that doesn't translate into action on anyone else's part. If she wants her son to have a whole bunch of money for graduation, then she should provide it for him and not try to visit that on anyone else. At the very most I might send him a congratulatory card, but even that is not obligatory.

But, if any of you want to send me $100, please feel free! :)

crocodile:

--- Quote from: Shoo on May 30, 2012, 07:11:54 PM ---I wouldn't even send a card.  I'd simply respond with my regrets and forget about it.

--- End quote ---

This!

Danika:
I would definitely send my regrets. I'd have prior plans to stay home and pick lint out of my belly-button that weekend. Definitely no gift. I'd send a card if it would be better for your DH's career and work environment if he did that.

kareng57:
I see this as a non-issue.  Co-worker is not the boss, so there would be no real consequence if he does not attend and/or give a gift.

However, I'll admit that as a Canadian my opinion is a bit biased.  Big high-school graduation parties where the parents' friends/co-workers are all invited generally aren't done here anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version