Author Topic: Would that SHE had been silent sooner  (Read 4531 times)

JacklynHyde

Would that SHE had been silent sooner
« on: June 01, 2012, 04:58:51 PM »
I was in the lingerie department of my favorite department store, trying to find a bra that actually fits because I've gained a little weight.  When I get to the counter with my purchase, this dialogue happens:

Clerk: This is a special sale bra.  You can buy two, get one free.
Me: <mentally calculating my bank account> No, I don't think I want to buy two bras right now, let alone three.
Clerk: Oh, you're changing sizes, aren't you?  That's understandable.  When my daughter was pregnant--...
Me:  :o

I don't think I heard anything after that.  Certainly didn't say anything.  At some point, I think she realized that I'm not pregnant, but I kept my mouth shut, my face an icy blank, and my wallet shut to any further purchases in the store that day.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 05:06:30 PM by JacklynHyde »

NotTheNarcissist

Re: Would that SHE had been silent sooner
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 05:10:41 PM »
Yikes! Twice I've had people, both women, assume I'm pregnant & ask me when I'm due. Awful feeling. Never a store clerk though, not very smart.

JacklynHyde

Re: Would that SHE had been silent sooner
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 04:20:16 PM »
The punch line to this event?  I went to another department store and found the same brand of bra for 50% less, so I bought two.  Now I have that three for the price of two deal, AND the clerk at Department Store B complimented me on my good shopping skills.