Etiquette School is in session! > "What an interesting assumption."

I fear for the English language

<< < (2/5) > >>

Piratelvr1121:
No kidding. This guy sounds like a caricature.  Not saying you're making it up, OP, cause I sadly can believe that guys like this exist. 

QueenfaninCA:

--- Quote from: Fidgets on June 05, 2012, 11:41:59 AM ---UG: Yeah, you chicks (!!!!)

--- End quote ---

After this I would have asked to talk to the manager on duty.

BeagleMommy:
Ugh, guys like this make my blood boil!  While I am a girly girl I love superhero movies (well, I love a lot of movies).  DH's friend couldn't believe that I went willingly to see "The Avengers" and had never seen any of the "Twilight" films because "all women love those movies".  Yeah, right.  Apparently he's never heard the word variety.

Chip2:
I never make assumptions about who does and doesn't like games or other media.

I ran into a salesgirl once who said she loved my t-shirt. (It's got an image of the "Hello, my name is..." name tag on it followed by "Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die.") We ended up talking for nearly twenty minutes about "The Princess Bride," Billy Crystal, "Howl's Moving Castle," anime in general, and computer games. She gave me some recommendations on anime and I gave her some on older games. We would have kept talking except MsChip was getting a little miffed.

And MsChip? She's as big a gamer as me. She even took the day Mass Effect 3 was released off from work so she could play it with being bothered.

Giggity:
Why are you assuming he doesn't know what it means? It's equally likely he does know, and doesn't care.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version