General Etiquette > Etiquette of the Rich and Famous

kanye west denied access in restaurant.

(1/8) > >>

lady-cereal:
So, last week kanye West had a concert here in Belgium. he had reserved a place in a restaurant for him and his entourage for some time at the end of the evening. He was late at that restaurant by an hour, without calling the place.

The restaurant owner denied him access, told him that the kitchen was closed now, and he should go over to the pizzeria across the street, he went there and had a member of his entourage call to the first restaurant to tell the owner who he just denied access to.

This sparked a gigantic wave of discussion between newspapers. every paper that wrote about it agrees that the restaurant that denied him access should have let him in, because now they lost a big order.

I just tend to disagree to all the journalists, am I right in this? I don't believe kanye should have been fed just because he could be famous. who even knows if he was actually planning on ordering much food? Just figuring out what the opinions are on a etiquette blog about all this.

the only english article thing I found about this:
http://afroeurope.blogspot.be/2012/06/kanye-west-turned-down-at-restaurant-in.html

(disclaimer: sorry for my english)

Sharnita:
Kanye has already struck me as petty and spoiled.  The fact that he had a reservation that was held and he was a whole hour late means he prevented reataurant #1 from making money.  He could have called and changed the reservation but he didn't care about them.  So when he did arrive I can see why they didn't want to deal with him - he had already been disrespectful to them.  He only proves them right when he calls them to taunt them from the other restaurant.  If he was going to have any further contact it should have been an apology and maybe some money to make up for what they lost waiting for him to show up for an hour.

mechtilde:
He was late, his spot was gone.

He should have turned up on time. As it is, he has cost the restaurant a lot of money by holding an empty table for him.

Tilt Fairy:
Kanye West and etiquette in the same sentence is a very amusing concept.

atirial:

--- Quote from: mechtilde on June 08, 2012, 06:07:25 AM ---He was late, his spot was gone.

He should have turned up on time. As it is, he has cost the restaurant a lot of money by holding an empty table for him.
--- End quote ---
POD. Celebrities expecting special treatment is one of the things that annoys me. Having one of his entourage phone up to complain is just petty.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version