Author Topic: kanye west denied access in restaurant.  (Read 14301 times)

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: kanye west denied access in restaurant.
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2012, 01:05:40 PM »
Where was the flunky with the phone when they were running an hour behind?

Off doing important things, I'm sure, like reminding people how important his boss is.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2012, 01:10:55 PM »
Kanye West doesn't care about reservations?

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2012, 01:11:39 PM »
Kanye West and etiquette in the same sentence is a very amusing concept.

LOL! Yep, I can't blame the restaurant at all.

POD to this.c :P Re this situation: He was an hour late. No excuses.
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

Jones

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2012, 01:25:05 PM »
How I imagine that phone call went:

"I'm Kanye West and you just turned me away from your restaurant! I'm an important man and..."

"Yo, Kanye, I'm really happy for you, I'ma let you finish, but (insert name here) was the most gracious and punctual customer of all time! Of all time!"

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2012, 02:06:07 PM »

"I'm Kanye West and you just turned me away from your restaurant! I'm an important man and..."

"Yo, Kanye, I'm really happy for you, I'ma let you finish, but (insert name here) was the most gracious and punctual customer of all time! Of all time!"

AHAHAHAHA!  >:D
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2012, 03:43:28 PM »

Well played!
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2012, 04:25:35 PM »
Kanye is such a gay fish...

Actually though I wrote ^ for a reason.  This is a great thing.  Kayne has stated he's been working on getting his ego in check (he stated as much in his response to the "Fishsticks" episode of South Park).  Hopefully this is just another little lesson in that overall endeavor.

MyFamily

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2012, 06:16:20 PM »

We need a like button on this forum!!  Just for this post.

"The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones" - Solomon ibn Gabirol

Iris

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2012, 01:02:30 AM »

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! I bow before your comedic genius.
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2012, 01:21:50 AM »

AHAHAHAHA!  >:D

You just won the Intarwebs.

If I ever go to Belgium, I must try this restaurant. During regular hours, of course.
"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

diesel_darlin

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2012, 01:34:08 AM »

Pfffffftttttttttttttttt  >:D ;D ;D ;D I lol'd. Oh so hard.

Redsoil

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2012, 07:50:11 AM »
Good on them!  As was mentioned, their employees deserved to finish their shift on time.  Why is it that if someone is famous, they are above all rules and feel they can act like petty despots?  Oh, hang on, I know - people let them!
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

lady-cereal

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2012, 05:17:28 PM »
oh thank the deity, I'm not the only one for thinking it was all crazy. I was started to think i was going crazy for thinking the restaurant was right.

btw: little annecdote: half the people I know that heard of the news, didn't even know the guy. and these are 20-year olds  :)

MurPl1

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2012, 10:16:36 AM »
I am sooo glad that owner stood up to him.  There's a reason the kitchen is closed from 4-5 - perhaps to prep for the dinner shift, perhaps to get the kitchen back in order after the lunch shift.  Whatever it is, that's the schedule and when Kanye no call, no showed they continued on with their pre-set schedule.  Why on earth would they sit around waiting on the chance that he *might* show up?

If he had called at 3 and said he would be late and could they accomodate him at 4:15pm, there's a good chance that the owner might have said, we can arrange for that.  Because then he could have asked his staff to stick around (with promise of pay and tips?) and the kitchen wouldn't already be in the throes of cleaning/prepping/etc.

But I have no good thoughts for Kanye West at all.

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2012, 10:27:03 AM »
Oh my goodness, who does Kanye think he is ?   Oprah !