News:

• February 18, 2018, 12:18:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "Dumb" insolence  (Read 14698 times)

ishka

Re: "Dumb" insolence
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2012, 08:39:49 AM »
Every time she did anything, she would be able to make a big deal about "Well nobody TOLD me chewing gum while on the phone with a customer was unprofessional!  Would eating a carrot stick instead be more professional?  Are my shoes professional enough today?  Nobody ever tells me anything!"

This, and weeblewobble's 'kid with the finger', have seriously made my day at work so much easier.  Every time R appeared one of these two scenarios would come into my head and I would have to work to avoid bursting out laughing.

I think my grinning may just drive her crazy *before* she drives me crazy. 

I am also following the good advice I've been given but being able to see the funny side of her behaviour, which was totally lost in my irritation and my "how is she getting away with this? aaaaargh I just want to slap her...", is truly a gift you have given me.

TootsNYC

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2012, 09:18:32 AM »
I often remind myself to "channel my inner daycare worker."

My kids were in a great, great daycare, and I learned a lot about patience, parenting, and toddlers from watching them. They didn't feel any serious need to "fix" the children in their care, I think because they knew the kids would grow out of it, and they weren't stuck with them forever, nor were they responsible for (being judged by) the kids' behavior.

They were amazingly patient, and they understood children and how their minds work.

You don't necessarily have to have the same understanding and sympathy, but just think of how a good daycare worker, who is in charge of someone ELSE's child, would speak and react.

And I totally think you should be tremendously amused by her childish act. And let it show.

If she calls you on it, you can use your tactic--"What? I wasn't doing anything."

PastryGoddess

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2012, 10:04:20 AM »
oooh walking around all day with an amused smirk on your face may just drive her insane.  We will expect stories of course..

goldilocks

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2012, 10:20:27 AM »
Some of my co-workers refuse to address any issues and will seemingly take the blame for anything, because they don't want to appear to be "tattling".  I do not take that attitude.  I'll send an email, if I get no response I send another, then I start copying their boss.   In this case, I'd make sure everyone knew it was not my idea to close the store 4 hours early.

I tell my co-workers - I won't throw someone under the boss, but I'll darn sure knock them off the curb. 

weeblewobble

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2012, 07:02:55 AM »
Every time she did anything, she would be able to make a big deal about "Well nobody TOLD me chewing gum while on the phone with a customer was unprofessional!  Would eating a carrot stick instead be more professional?  Are my shoes professional enough today?  Nobody ever tells me anything!"

This, and weeblewobble's 'kid with the finger', have seriously made my day at work so much easier.  Every time R appeared one of these two scenarios would come into my head and I would have to work to avoid bursting out laughing.

I think my grinning may just drive her crazy *before* she drives me crazy. 

I am also following the good advice I've been given but being able to see the funny side of her behaviour, which was totally lost in my irritation and my "how is she getting away with this? aaaaargh I just want to slap her...", is truly a gift you have given me.

Hey, hey, my kids and their fingers are very polite. :)

But I'm so glad I could help.  I'm happy for you.