Author Topic: 1st birthday party menu / general help  (Read 7196 times)

saffron

Re: 1st birthday party menu / general help
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 06:30:31 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions - the party is tomorrow - I hope it goes well! I love the idea of flipping the deli tray lid over and filling it with ice.

My concern about the PB&J sandwich idea is that many of the moms haven't given their kids PB yet -so I'd hate for my 'kid friendly' food to be a no-go based on that.  And sadly, chick-fil-a is not open on Sunday so I can't get a platter of nuggets.

The toddlers have: fruit (huge variety!) white and pumpernickel bread, pita, hummus, goldfish crackers, cheese (again - a variety), veggies from the veggie tray (I realize that they won't be able to eat them all but they will be able to eat some). Most of the moms also carry the fruit/veggie 'pouches' for lunches out and although I want to be a good host - I feel that providing a variety of pouches might be a little OTT.

I figured the sandwiches were primarily for the adults :) There is also spinach dip, tabbouleh,  tzatziki, salsa and chips for whoever wants them.

And of course cake and ice cream.

It's looking like 14 toddlers, 6 older kids and 30ish adults.

I am trying not to panic.

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 12:17:51 PM »
I hope you didn't panic! ;D

You're menu sounds lovely. I hope everything went well.

saffron

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 05:25:52 PM »
Well I officially survived my baby's first birthday party :)

The party was great - we had a TON of food but not that much leftover - so I guess everyone was hungry. I ended up using purple potatoes and purple cauliflower in the veggie tray which everyone though was neat.  The potatoes went really well with the tzatziki.

The kids all enjoyed the kindermusik part - I think it was fun for the dads who work during the week to see what playgroups/kindermusik etc.. are all about. Plus I think they got the chance to put faces to names that they've no doubt heard.

We ended up not opening gifts because it was utter and total chaos by the time cake was served and I don't think anyone would have sat still.

Thanks to everyone for all of your help!

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2012, 06:43:25 PM »
 ;D

I'm very happy for you that everything went well. YEA!

So, Planning bday party #2 yet?

saffron

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2012, 11:34:49 PM »
LOL! Maybe next year I'll take a page from 2littleyorkies and order pizza.   ;D