Author Topic: Our first party  (Read 2659 times)

jmarvellous

Re: Our first party
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 10:23:49 AM »
Regarding the stains and pitting or rust or whatever use CLR on it. You can get it at the hardware store and it will take care of it. It stands for Calcium Lime and Rust Remover. It sounds like you've got some calcium buildup that is trapping stains. Be sure to ventilate and keep the CLR off your hands and clothes. It can be some seriously nasty stuff. I just used it on my dishwasher yesterday and it broke up some nasty deposits.

<3

Thanks, but ... been there, done that.

I'm learning to live with a gross-looking toilet (it's been 2 months), I'm just embarrassed about it!

Autumn Rose, we are vegetarian and crock-less, but your ideas are surely useful to someone. Thanks!

... I just had a guest text me that she's bringing a "dessert item." I didn't have the heart to tell her not to, but we're going to have a lot of sweets!

jmarvellous

Re: Our first party
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 11:49:50 AM »
Well, no one brought food (though 3 brought wine), no one complained about the bathroom (and I stayed quiet), we didn't have a lull in which to pull out games, and the whole thing turned out all right. The last four people stayed till after midnight, when BF and I had already been making signs that we were exhausted (we were in the kitchen doing dishes, had turned out all but the living room lights and put away spare chairs) for a half hour. The cat was fabulous.

All in all, the food was great and the company was good.

OK, my mocha cat cake did kind of look like a 4-year-old decorated it, but it tasted great: