Author Topic: Dirty Laundry  (Read 16448 times)

ydpubs

• Has a fine singing voice.
  • Reading the threads here makes me hungry.
Re: "Tramp-ire" Dirty Laundry
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2012, 12:39:23 PM »
I am not impressed with cheaters but I have  to say that I think an effusive public apology is better than effusive public bragging about how cheating has led to making you happier than ever before. A lot of stars do that.

*cough*Brangelina*cough*
No matter where you go, there you are...

Cosmasia

Re: Dirty Laundry
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2012, 06:37:37 PM »
I hate cheaters, to be blunt. But I don't think there's anything wrong with being publicly happy with your new relationship, as "Brangelina" for example. At some point life goes on.

As for the topic I think it's fine to issue an apology. I don't think it's tacky but I also don't think it's necessary.
I think people need to deal with these things in whatever way works for them. :)
Da hun kom tilbage, havde hun hundrede ting at fortælle.

katycoo

« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2012, 02:40:57 AM »
I think her statement was appropriate.  The news was outed by media, and if its being discussed in public, I believe she's entitled to make a one-off address.  Perhaps t could have been concise but its also a PR move - too concise would have left no opening for people to think her anything more than heartless.  As it is, she'll have a rough few months.  After that - wait and see.

I can't decide if I think its a scam.  I actually always thought her relationship with Pattinson was a scam (or at the very least, that they wouldn't last the distance).
IF its a scam, I can't decide which scenario is worse.  That she and director decided to go along with this despite the impact on his family, or that he was in the dark, and she screwed the lot of them over :(

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2012, 10:18:29 AM »
I can't decide if I think its a scam.  I actually always thought her relationship with Pattinson was a scam (or at the very least, that they wouldn't last the distance).
IF its a scam, I can't decide which scenario is worse.  That she and director decided to go along with this despite the impact on his family, or that he was in the dark, and she screwed the lot of them over :(

Rupert Sanders is still responsible for his actions, whatever her motivations may or may not have been. He's the one who made the decision to get involved with her. He is the one who's married with children. And he is the one whose choices landed him on the front pages of the tabloid press.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Fleur

« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2012, 12:40:47 PM »

Rupert Sanders is still responsible for his actions, whatever her motivations may or may not have been. He's the one who made the decision to get involved with her. He is the one who's married with children. And he is the one whose choices landed him on the front pages of the tabloid press.
I do think it is a scam, just based on how staged and stilted the pictures look. But I still 100% agree with this post: if it wasn't a scam, or was one just on her part, he still went along with it. If it is real, I find him more reprehenisble than her.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2012, 03:28:32 PM »
I wonder if the "stilted" look is from her thinking, "Hmm, perhaps it's not a good idea getting my picture taken like this. But if I object, it'll look like I feel I'm doing something wrong. What to do? Act natural. And I don't have a script...."
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

ydpubs

• Has a fine singing voice.
  • Reading the threads here makes me hungry.
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2012, 04:04:55 PM »
I hate cheaters, to be blunt. But I don't think there's anything wrong with being publicly happy with your new relationship, as "Brangelina" for example. At some point life goes on.

As for the topic I think it's fine to issue an apology. I don't think it's tacky but I also don't think it's necessary.
I think people need to deal with these things in whatever way works for them. :)

All I can say is, Pitt basically bashes Aniston and their marriage, then goes on in the same article gushing on and on about Jolie. (September 2011) He later backpedals and apologizes profusely.

Their emphatic statements about not committing adultery only to make total, contradictory statements in later interviews about how it all started on the set of Mr. & Mrs. Smith.

These two things combined I just find, classless, tacky, rude and insensitive. And for Jolie, who bashed and despised her father for his infidelity for years, the ultimate in hypocrisy.
No matter where you go, there you are...

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2012, 05:32:04 PM »

All I can say is, Pitt basically bashes Aniston and their marriage, then goes on in the same article gushing on and on about Jolie. (September 2011) He later backpedals and apologizes profusely.

Their emphatic statements about not committing adultery only to make total, contradictory statements in later interviews about how it all started on the set of Mr. & Mrs. Smith.

These two things combined I just find, classless, tacky, rude and insensitive. And for Jolie, who bashed and despised her father for his infidelity for years, the ultimate in hypocrisy.

They weren't even the people I was thinking of.  I think there are a lot of example of celebs who cheat and in the beginning of their new relationships gush about how they have never been this happy before.  I find it particularly unpleasant when the previous relationship included shared children.  I imagine that could be really confusing and hurtful for kids.

katycoo

« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2012, 04:07:35 AM »

Oh absolutely!  Neither scenario excuses his behaviour. But if it was a genuine affair, they went into it equally. 
If it was a scam, and Kristen was the only one who knew, I think it makes her actions even more distasteful than if she merely hooked up with a married man.  If it was genuine, at least she had feelings for him, which is a very small something.

Cosmasia

« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2012, 09:37:19 AM »

I can see you and I definitely don't agree on this!  ;D
Da hun kom tilbage, havde hun hundrede ting at fortælle.