Author Topic: Say my name, say my name.....update pg 6  (Read 11534 times)

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: Say my name, say my name.....
« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2012, 12:52:54 PM »

And did I mention that I am a new aunty to a gorgeous baby girl?    ;)

a baby girl that will hopefully feel very close to her cousin one day when it turns out that they share part of their name.

Think of it this way: If your child had been born first, and then someone in the family took your child's first name to be their kid's middle name, might you not think that was sort of an homage to your kid? a link between them?

It's just chronologically happening in a funny order, because you're a little bit later than expected.

In a way, it's not horrible at all!

Roe

• Super Hero!
Re: Say my name, say my name.....
« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2012, 01:41:38 PM »

And did I mention that I am a new aunty to a gorgeous baby girl?    ;)

a baby girl that will hopefully feel very close to her cousin one day when it turns out that they share part of their name.

Think of it this way: If your child had been born first, and then someone in the family took your child's first name to be their kid's middle name, might you not think that was sort of an homage to your kid? a link between them?

It's just chronologically happening in a funny order, because you're a little bit later than expected.

In a way, it's not horrible at all!

My nephew is 3 years older than my youngest son.  And he's so proud of the fact that youngestson was "named after" him. (youngestson's name is nephew's first name)

It's left my other nephews wondering why no one has named their baby after them!  ;)

bah12

• Super Hero!
Re: Say my name, say my name.....update pg 6
« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2012, 01:44:04 PM »
I think whether or not I assign this as a calculated move to hurt the OP would be based on two things: 

1.  Past behavior (check)
2.  The name itself.  (unclear).  I think that if Holly is an unusual name, or a less common one, that is different than if it is a name such as Ann, Elizabeth, Marie, Grace, etc...ones that are often used as middle names because they seem to go well with just about anything.  In my family, these names are common middle (and a few first) names among cousins.  My first name is the middle name of three of my cousins.  And my DD"s first name (not that common), happens to be the same first name of one of my more distant and older cousin's daughter...something we didn't discover until a family reunion (which makes it different, I know).  ETA:  Just read the update and I wrote too soon....

So, if SIL took an unusual name she heard from the OP and "stole" it...she's mean (and seems means regardless of this).  But if she picked a classic name that's used often, I might be more inclined to say this wasn't outwardly about the OP and the OP's feelings are more a result of past behavior that doesn't shine favorable on SIL.