A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Trans-Atlantic Knowledge Exchange

candy in Canada and the US

(1/6) > >>

Carotte:
My SO is currently in Canada for a few days and will spend some time in the US next month, I'm a sweet tooth so I was thinking in asking him to bring me back some candy, so I was wondering if any one could tell me about some american candy worthwhile to be brought back to the old continent :).
I also like peanut butter and have heard that there was peanut-butter twixx? are they easy to find and good?

And chupa-chups, do you get any particuliar flavors? I know that some countries have specific flavors (like Matcha in Japan)
for reference ( I know the list is pretty long, sorry ) this is what we have in France (those that are not italicized)

Apple
    Cola
    Cherry
    Raspberry
    Strawberry yogurt
    Cola lemon
    Kiwi strawberry orange
    Lemon lime
    Mango strawberry banana
    Mango pineapple kiwi
    Mango yoghurt
    Orange
    Raspberry vanilla
    Strawberry
    Watermelon
    Vanilla
    Vanilla Chocolate
    Strawberry cream
    Cocoa vanilla
    Melon yogurt
    Cola lemon powder (magics)
    Vanilla cherry powder (magics)
    Mango apple powder (magics)
    Banana
    Banana Chocolate
    Banana milk (ASIA)
    Berries yogurt
    Blackberry
    Blueberry
    Capuchino vanilla (ASIA)
    Caramel (ASIA)
    Caramel vanilla
    Coffee
    Cucumber
    Custard Pudding (ASIA)
    Forest fruits yogurt
    Grape
    Mango
    Matcha Latte
    Milk (ASIA)
    Mocha
    Peach
    Peach cream
    Peach yogurt
    Pineapple
    Pudding
    Ramune (ASIA)
    Salmiak
    Sugar free cherry
    Sugar free orange
    Sugar free cola

So do you know if he could find any mango, berries yogurt, blackberry, blueberry, coffee, forest fruit yogurt or any of the peach?

blue2000:
I don't know about the US, but where is your SO in Canada? There are a number of stores here that carry chupa chups. One of them is Sugar Mountain (http://www.sugarmountain.ca/The_Company_) which boasts that it carries 'every flavour of chupa chups under the sun'.

Hmmmmm:
If you like Peanut Butter and can't get Reese's Peanut Butter cups in France, ask him to bring those back. 

AustenFan:
Peanut butter M&Ms should be their own food group! I can't help on the Chupa Chups, sorry.

veryfluffy:
See if he can find Turtles (Canada), made by Nestle.

http://www.nestle.ca/en/products/brands/Turtles/regular.htm

Best chocolates ever.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version