Etiquette School is in session! > "What an interesting assumption."

Death and people putting their feet in their mouths....

<< < (5/5)

onyonryngs:
You both are grieving - she did try to offer comfort so just try to remember that.   

Penguin_ar:
It sounds like someone (a moderator of the other site, maybe after a PM by you?) should suggest to this lady that she starts her own support thread.  I don't think she means to, but it looks like she is hijacking your thread.

magician5:
A brief, intelligent, sympathetic discussion of this issue by "Ask a Mortician" on Youtube - - it really does help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66qk19eUEdw

Bottlecaps:

--- Quote from: Penguin_ar on December 16, 2012, 08:03:12 AM ---It sounds like someone (a moderator of the other site, maybe after a PM by you?) should suggest to this lady that she starts her own support thread.  I don't think she means to, but it looks like she is hijacking your thread.

--- End quote ---

I actually am a moderator on the site. I decided to let it go after reading opinions on here, as it really put it in perspective for me that I probably took it a bit too personally (even if she really was hijacking) because of my own grief. Even though it happened months upon months ago, I'm working on a sticky for the site titled "The Etiquette of Support." Yes, I'm using tips I've learned here. :) The site is based on support and help for various issues, so of course the members go there when something happens because it's a place where they can talk about it. More often than not though, people do put their feet in their mouths and/or hijack threads (sometimes unintentionally, sometimes intentionally). I think a thread like that, using things I've learned from this site, will definitely help there. :)

--- Quote from: magician5 on December 22, 2012, 01:19:42 PM ---A brief, intelligent, sympathetic discussion of this issue by "Ask a Mortician" on Youtube - - it really does help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66qk19eUEdw

--- End quote ---

That video is very good. Thank you for posting it! Maybe that's something I should include in the sticky I'm creating for the other site that I'm a member of. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version