Author Topic: Would you respond to this Facebook game or just ignore it?  (Read 7445 times)

O'Dell

Re: Would you respond to this Facebook game or just ignore it?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2012, 04:52:42 PM »
I ignore all games like that, and from what I see of them when my friends do, nearly everyone else does too. One thing about ignoring all games, if I were asked about it I just say I don't participate in any of them and it's nothing personal. Never been asked about it though.

I never see anybody follow along with that in my circles. Well, the dragon one got a few reports.

Ignore it unless you're interested.

I wish these sorts of game did NOT have the "you have to repost" part, because that guilt trip ruins the fun. I might enjoy the game, but I won't play it if that's on there. That, and the preachy little sermon.

Eh yeah I reread my post earlier and realized how badly I phrased that. Very few people that I know post those games. A few people I know humor them by answering but don't repost them on their own feeds.

We don't play the anonymous breast cancer awareness games. Maybe my friends and I are all just lazy. :D

Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.
Walt Whitman

25wishes

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2012, 03:11:24 PM »
I don't do any games or apps on FB. I even have that posted on my home page. Doesn't do any good. I just ignore all of them. No negative repercussions so far.

I mostly just lurk on FB, see what other people are doing.

blarg314

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2012, 09:59:43 PM »

I ignore all requests - I don't generally play any games or apps on Facebook, and the one game I'd actually like to play isn't available in my country.  I generally don't even *read* a lot of the postings, I just skip over them.

If someone's posts are dominated by repaste, what colour are you wearing, if you really care type posts, I will hide their activity so it doesn't clutter up my feed.

CakeEater

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2012, 11:21:16 PM »
I just ignore. Likewise, I ignore the cancer and other diseases awareness ones, with special disdain for ones that imply you don't care if you don't repost.
She is not counting who does and who does not respond. If she is, you have bigger problems with this friend anyway.

I ignore them too, and my least favorites are the ones that imply you're "not brave enough" if you don't post it. Because C&Ping a status takes so much courage!

I think it is pretty brave to risk irritating all your friends and family by cluttering up their feeds and implying they don't care about people with the issue of the week.  ::)

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2012, 02:35:47 PM »
I just ignore. Likewise, I ignore the cancer and other diseases awareness ones, with special disdain for ones that imply you don't care if you don't repost.

Thank you for mentioning this -- I've been wanting to for quite a while now.

Facebook Friends, I truly do appreciate your caring and support, and thank you.  I hope I don't hurt anyone's feelings by saying this.  But as someone who has cancer, my big goal is to have as "normal" a life as possible and not think about cancer any more than I must.  One of the things I would much rather avoid is being constantly reminded about breast cancer on Facebook, a place I go to stop thinking about it for awhile.

I know you care.  It's really OK not to post it on Facebook.

Thank you for saying that. I recently told a friend, "You know, i know a few people who are cancer survivors and they would whomp me in the head if i posted something like this. I am glad your friend is feeling better and i hope they appreciate this kind of support. As for me, the person i am closest to didn't want a new car, you're right; he wanted a motorcycle - and got one :) His wife got the new 'Vette" That's paraphrased and obfuscated; i really did try to say it as nicely as possible, and it was true, to boot.

It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Acadianna

• Remember -- no matter where you go, there you are.
    • My Dragons
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2012, 06:28:35 PM »
I recently told a friend, "You know, i know a few people who are cancer survivors and they would whomp me in the head if i posted something like this. I am glad your friend is feeling better and i hope they appreciate this kind of support. As for me, the person i am closest to didn't want a new car, you're right; he wanted a motorcycle - and got one :) His wife got the new 'Vette" That's paraphrased and obfuscated; i really did try to say it as nicely as possible, and it was true, to boot.

Like everyone else, people with cancer want lots of different things.  It didn't stop me from wanting and getting a new car!   ;D