Author Topic: UM.....Wow, Just Wow.  (Read 6463 times)

Penguin_ar

Re: UM.....Wow, Just Wow.
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2012, 06:10:22 AM »
Unless she has 3600 FB friends, she's not going to get enough.
I think it is quite uncouth too.  I have had friends posting things for sale on FB in similar situations: "As you know, I am out of work right now and having difficulty paying bills, so here is a photo album of stuff I have for sale... ;  ... so as I am good at making hair bows, anyone have a little girl who'd like a personalised bow for cheap?"), and I am ok with that, but straight out asking for donations ..  no, I would not donate.

Phoebe

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2012, 03:09:47 PM »
I assume $3600 is the mortgage payment?  Seems rather high, but I guess that is what they chose to buy.  Now, missing one payment will not put you into the street, so it seems this is not the first missed payment. 
So, we have a mom with a disabled parent, a child, and a live-in boyfriend who has not had a job in over a year. 
I need to stop now or I might say something like, "kick out the boyfriend!!"  "Downsize!"

I was thinking it's back taxes or something.

portabella

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2012, 12:24:31 AM »
I heard about a FB post where someone said he needed $4400 to help pay for his cousin’s funeral.  (Apparently his cousin really did pass away, no funds, no life ins, and the poster directed people to send what they could to the funeral home.)  I just think it’s tacky, but also sad.

Posting to ask for help to get caught up on mortgage and bills?  mmmmmm, also tacky.  JMHO.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 12:28:47 AM by portabella »
The first time someone shows you who they really are, pay attention.

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2012, 09:49:14 AM »
Without giving away too much info, of where she worked, I know she had a managerial job with a good company, she came in at the bottom and moved up quickly. I'm not sure if this is the job she lost recently, but there are jobs of this nature, all over. She is one of those people who will quit a job because of the job atmosphere, meaning, different place, sane stuff.

I'm also, not sure on how seriously, he is looking for a job either. I know at one point, he was going to school, and the job he had when he was here, is also one of those, dime-a-dozen jobs.

I also know that not long ago, even though he is out of work, they managed to take a fairly expensive vacation to entertain his kids from another relationship, as they were visiting him for the week, from out of state.

rmk1

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2012, 04:47:35 AM »
I think an improvement on the post would be a request for readers to help the adults in the house network for jobs, offer to do babysitting/odd jobs/etc to raise the money, mentioning they are having a yard sale, asking for suggestions on the predicament, etc.

I don't think it is bad, in itself, to share with others that you are having a serious, financially difficult time (depending on who exactly is in the circle that you're sharing that message with). But just coming right out and asking for donations... What is with that? Um, you're not a charity.