Etiquette School is in session! > "I'm afraid that won't be possible."

Using With Mother of Bride

<< < (2/3) > >>

Delia DeLyons:
MOB will be @ Bride & Groom's house Friday night, where we'll all be hanging out and catching up.  FOB will be there too. They are staying with B&G Thurs night to Tuesday. 

Kaypeep:
Do not answer any calls or texts from her.  As you pointed out, you are not the hosts of this party.  You are a guest.  I'm sure you may want to lend a hand when you get there, assist the BTB with gift opening and games, but otherwise you don't need to be there.  Hold firm!

Hmmmmm:
MOB may not have realized you had plans and thought offering for you to come by and help would give you something to do.  I don't see any malice in her saying we'll talk on Friday since she knew she'd see you on Friday. 

wonderfullyanonymous:
MOB:Well what are your plans, because you know this is way more important than anything you have planned because this is all about the bride. blahblahblah...

You:Well, actually I don't know, BF says it's a surprise, and to let you know he will make sure I am at the designated are at designated time.

Delia DeLyons:
There is certainly no malice in MOBs reply that we'll talk Friday - that can be taken @ face value as it is a fact, yes.  But due to the closeness of our (BF & I) relationship with this family (we've known them long before we met each other - they actually set us up) topics such as "What are your plans that will keep you from helping?" are sure to crop up.  I genuinely love MOB; however we do not share the same viewpoints on -well - *most* things. So, where she prides herself on getting involved in absolutely everything going on around her, I am more the type to anticipate quiet moments where I don't have any obligations.  Where she would see my viewpoint as negative, I see both sides as perfectly valid, but different. So I know I can't explain to her my reason for not wanting to be overly involved in Shower #2, which is why I instead will use the shutdown phrase and also, bean dip and often. :-)   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version