Author Topic: Thank you US for Nyquil!!!!!  (Read 6752 times)

kitkatswing

Thank you US for Nyquil!!!!!
« on: June 27, 2012, 11:42:18 PM »
We travel the states usually once a year. I have been sick with a bad cough for a few days now. I found in my cupboard a bottle of Nyquil!!!!

Oh yes how I love that stuff (well, to get rid of coughs anyway) I was able to get a great night sleep last night...

I so wish I could buy something like that over here in Australia.....

It has been my saviour!

demarco

Re: Thank you US for Nyquil!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 02:04:54 PM »
I swear by NyQuil.  I get bad colds that last forever and NyQuil is the one thing that alleviates my symptoms and makes it possible for me to sleep.  I use it interchangeably with the store brand equivalent (works just as well but tastes worse).  There is also DayQuil which is supposed to fight symptoms but without the drowsiness. 

I hope you feel better.

jaxsue

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 02:05:14 PM »
You're welcome!

It's the only thing that helps me sleep when I have a cold. A few weeks ago I came down with a nasty summer cold. I lived on Nyquil and Dayquil for several days.  :P

EMuir

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 02:36:35 PM »
I love Nyquil, especially the liquid capsules so I don't have to taste it. My motto is, "If I have to be sick, I don't want to be conscious."  :P

Corvid

• Etiquette Hell Thread Assassin Squad
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 10:36:55 AM »
Nyquil is my favorite when I'm ill, too.  It really does get my symptoms under control and help me sleep in spite of feeling lousy.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 07:36:09 PM »
Amusingly, Vicks now makes ZzzQuil. Yes, that's right, all the knock-out juice of NyQuil without any of that pesky getting you over your cold stuff to get in the way.

Bethczar

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 08:58:53 PM »
Sadly, I seem to be the only person NyQyll doesn't work for. It helps with the symptoms somewhat, but, sadly, does nothing to help me sleep.

Is anyone else thinking of Dennis Leary's monologue on the topic? "The Q is talking to me!! The Q is talking to me!!"   :P

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 09:30:15 PM »
Sadly, I seem to be the only person NyQyll doesn't work for. It helps with the symptoms somewhat, but, sadly, does nothing to help me sleep.

Is anyone else thinking of Dennis Leary's monologue on the topic? "The Q is talking to me!! The Q is talking to me!!"   :P

"NyQuil, NyQuil, we love you, you giant [flarking] Q!"

Bethczar

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 05:30:20 PM »

Yup, that's the one!

HermioneGranger

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 09:18:36 AM »

Yup, that's the one!

Hee!  I love Denis Leary.

Nyquil does zip for me to.  It keeps me awake instead.   ::)

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 10:29:25 AM »
Diphenhydramine makes me jittery.

So you are welcome to my share of Nyquil and all similar products.

I'm kind of jealous that it works so well for so many people!

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 07:42:46 PM »
Diphenhydramine makes me jittery.

So you are welcome to my share of Nyquil and all similar products.

I'm kind of jealous that it works so well for so many people!

It (or something in Nyquil) makes me extremely sick to my stomach.  :( I wish it didn't people who like it seem to really like it.

We travel the states usually once a year. I have been sick with a bad cough for a few days now. I found in my cupboard a bottle of Nyquil!!!!

Oh yes how I love that stuff (well, to get rid of coughs anyway) I was able to get a great night sleep last night...

I so wish I could buy something like that over here in Australia.....

It has been my saviour!

That gave me a smile. Do you know Nyquil's motto, or ad tag line, or whatever you call it? "The nighttime, sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, best-sleep-you-ever-got-with-a-cold medicine." You almost sound like one of their ads :)
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

kitkatswing

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 12:34:01 AM »
My in-laws are currently on the flight home from USA, guess what they are bringing me?? More Nyquil!!!!!!!!

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 01:25:31 AM »
You're very welcome. It works so well on me that I have to be going to bed in literally 5 minutes, because I will fall over snoring if I take it. Even DayQuil knocks me out - it just does it a bit slower.
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

MamaMootz

• I'm a lumberjack and I'm O.K....
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2012, 06:11:40 PM »

My favorite line from that routine was when he called it the "green [flarking] death flavor".
"I like pie" - DD's Patented Bean Dip Maneuver