Author Topic: Serrano (or jalapeno) Vinaigrette  (Read 1001 times)

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
Serrano (or jalapeno) Vinaigrette
« on: July 02, 2012, 07:53:12 PM »
I used to get salads that had the most fantastic jalapeno vinaigrette on them. I now have some beautiful serrano peppers growing in the backyard that are almost to the point of perfection. I'd love to make a serrano vinaigrette similar to the jalapeno one I used to enjoy...anyone have any recipes? I've never really made homemade salad dressings before (just a simple balsamic now and then).

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

EmmaJ.

Re: Serrano (or jalapeno) Vinaigrette
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 01:03:09 PM »
I was just now browsing Martha Stewart's website and saw that she has a serrano vinaigrette recipe!  I can't vouch for it, but Martha's recipes are always delicious.  Here it is:

Ingredients
2 serrano or jalapeno peppers, seeded and deveined
6 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
9 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Directions
1.Mince the serrano peppers. Combine half of the minced pepper, vinegar, honey, salt, and black pepper in a blender. Process until serrano pepper has been fully blended. With machine running, add olive oil until combined and mixture is thick. Use the remaining minced serrano pepper as a garnish.

Thought I'd add the link:  http://www.marthastewart.com/344893/serrano-vinaigrette
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 01:04:46 PM by EmmaJ. »

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
Re: Serrano (or jalapeno) Vinaigrette
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 04:49:17 PM »
That sounds like a simple and delicious recipe! I just need to resist the temptation to pick the serranos too soon!

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!