Author Topic: My posts keep getting eaten!  (Read 1824 times)

Iris

My posts keep getting eaten!
« on: July 03, 2012, 07:38:50 PM »
Hi,

Over the last week I've noticed that when I post a comment on a thread about half the time it is not appearing in the thread. It hasn't happened before and I would say about 40% of the posts of made in the last week have had it happen. I've been extra careful to make sure that I'm clicking 'post' and so on since I noticed it happening. It does seem to happen more if someone else posts in that thread at a similar time.

Any tips on how I can avoid this happening? It's kind of irritating to type up a reply and then have it disappear into the ether.

Thanks!
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: My posts keep getting eaten!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 10:24:54 AM »
Double check for the red 'Warning:  X new posts have been made.  You may wish to review your post.'

I used to miss the warning all the time and click off to something else so my post would disappear.

I'm hoping your issue is this simple and not something more technical/glitchy.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Iris

Re: My posts keep getting eaten!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 05:57:45 PM »
Thanks. I've checked everything else but I haven't checked that. I guess it's possible I've gotten comlacent and just don't wait to see that it's properly posted. I hope that's all it is because it's driving me nuts!
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.