Author Topic: Leftover Mix  (Read 1613 times)

January Girl

Leftover Mix
« on: July 06, 2012, 09:25:18 AM »
We had some friends on our boat and they left behind almost a large full bottle of bloody mary mix. There is no alcohol in the mix. Just a slightly spicy, tomatoey drink.

I like bloody marys, but since it's hot out, I'm not going to drink it.

Rather than waste the whole bottle, I thought I could make something yummy out of it. Other than the obvious spaghetti or chili...does anyone have any ideas or a good recipe I could use for this mix??

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: Leftover Mix
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 09:35:09 AM »
A poor man's chicken caccitore?  Throw some chicken, the mix and some veggies in your slow cooker - if you have a plug outside on your patio or deck, you could even put the slow cooker out there so it doesn't heat up your kitchen.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 11:28:03 AM »
Make it into gazpacho?  There's a recipe on Emerils.com that uses bloody mary mix that I keep saying I'm going to try but haven't.

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 11:32:33 AM »
Use it to flavor hamburgers for grilling.

January Girl

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 04:45:07 PM »
A poor man's chicken caccitore?  Throw some chicken, the mix and some veggies in your slow cooker - if you have a plug outside on your patio or deck, you could even put the slow cooker out there so it doesn't heat up your kitchen.

I did this!  ;D

I used green pepper, onion, cumin and a dash of sugar. Let it simmer on low. Then towards the end I tossed in some Worcestershire, pepper and some quick cook barley. It was awesome!!! Had enough for leftovers. DH was happy too.

Thanks for the suggestion!!!

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 04:51:50 PM »
Cool! I'm glad it worked out for you, especially since it's not something I've ever tried.  I just threw that idea out there.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Aggiesque

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 11:50:37 PM »
pizza sauce.
Aggie

My favorite blog, which discusses personal finance: http://www.opinmoney.blogspot.com/