Author Topic: Weird things your pets do  (Read 14971 times)

onikenbai

Re: Weird things your pets do
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2012, 07:41:54 PM »
Our old cat had an obsession with candy canes.  Having a house with three roommates, we all assumed that the other two were eating them.  The truth was finally discovered after a box of 100 disappeared from the tree within two weeks.  The cat was methodically plucking them from the tree, unwrapping them, and noshing away happily. We found a giant ball of plastic wrappers behind the couch.  Surprisingly enough, that much candy did not make the cat sick, nor did it improve its breath notably.

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2012, 09:54:30 PM »
There's our cat, Tig. She loves socks! She'll pull them out of the upstairs laundry basket and carry them down stairs (and back up), often singing to them while she does it. I've seen her make piles of socks and to lay them out neatly in parallel. The other day, she had one black sock and one white sock at the bottom of the stairs, and a similar pair on the landing.

If there aren't any socks, she's been known to do this with underwear -- so far, she hasn't done it when company are present, but I'm sure it will happen. She's even dragged T-shirts up and down the stairs.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2012, 10:01:04 PM »
My Sammy is a little perv! He just loves loves loves to have his little hiney spanked. When you enter the room he will dart to the back of the couch, stick his butt in the air and writhe and wiggle while he anticipates the spanking. once he gets his spankys, the purring and drooling begin. Of course we are very gentle when we do it, as I don't imagine that long term the spankings are particularly good for his hips.

Weirdo.

I had to come back to this one!  :)

So, you are an enabler. Um. What does that say about you?

Shall we start a thread about weird things people with pets do?

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2012, 10:04:03 PM »
The Sweetie's late cat had a latex fetish.
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)

tangelloyellow

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2012, 10:23:13 PM »
 ;D
This thread is making me smile.

My 5 year old dog has many strange habits.

He licks shoes. Not bites or chews them just licks. It is kind of gross.

Cheese. You may not eat cheese, cut cheese or grate cheese. He barks and barks.

He loves pool water, I have to physically stop him drinking it.

He loves storms and fireworks but is terrified of the oven. Shakes and shivers through every oven-baked meal. Oh and smoke alarms. If it lets out one single 'bip' warning to replace the battery here comes the shakes.

There is one guy on an insurance advertisement that he hates and when he comes on tv he growls and barks at him.

Edited to add he also knows where I am going by what I am wearing and his depression will reflect how long he knows I will be gone for. He knows when I put on trousers I will be gone all day and starts sulking and sighing... but when I put on running pants he is likely to get an outing and he starts running around in circles.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 10:24:58 PM by tangelloyellow »

misha412

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2012, 10:30:45 PM »
hmmm, this whole thread has me smiling.  ;D

My female cat, Rukia, has a fetish for my arm pits. I will be sitting in my chair and she will get up on the arm of it and proceed to try to go down my sleeve into my arm pit. She noses around and wants to get as close as possible. She has no left/right preference, just that I wear short sleeves so she can get ready access.

Renji, my boy cat, has a fascination with wire ties and sponges. He will play with them for hours on end. He loves to bat them around and grab them and chew on them.

MrsCrazyPete

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2012, 03:36:22 AM »
Renji, my boy cat, has a fascination with wire ties and sponges. He will play with them for hours on end. He loves to bat them around and grab them and chew on them.

Misha, be careful about the wire ties! My mom's cat Dotty ate one of those and they had to do exploratory surgery on her to get it out  :(
Sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here.

oz diva

• The Classics are SO last Century
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2012, 03:41:25 AM »
Not so much weird, but clever. My two dogs come n the bed with me.but only when Dad's out. As soon as he drives away they jump up for a snooze. When the car returns they jump off. I don't even have to remind them.

Victoria

mmswm

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2012, 03:57:41 AM »
My late cat, Booger was an interesting character.  He was 18 pounds of fluffy orange Maine Coon.  Some of my favorite quirks of his...

He was very particular about his litter box.  It couldn't be too full or too low.  If it was too full, he'd throw out the "extra" litter, making a gigantic mess.  If it was too low, he'd walk back and forth between the box and the bin of litter, patting each one and looking up at me until I poured more litter into the box.

He was an escape artist.  The doors in my old apartment had levers instead of knobs.  Also, as a "safety feature" if you pulled the lever down from the inside and the dead bolt was engaged, it would automatically unlock the dead bolt.  That cat could get out the back door at will.  He was impossible to keep inside.  I never did find a child safety lock that would work on that door. I tried putting heavy stuff in front of the door, but he always managed to move it out of the way.

He had a shoe fetish.  Nothing made him happier than sleeping on a pair of stinky shoes.  If he couldn't find any shoes on the floor, he'd raid the front closet or the shoe rack in the mud room, drag his shoe of choice to his favorite sleeping spot, and settle down for a snooze.

He "got to know" new people by laying on their feet.  If somebody he didn't know came into my house, he'd sniff at them, then lay down on their feet for a few minutes.  He did this regardless of if the person was standing or sitting.  If the person didn't let him lay down, he'd get very irritated and yowl until I explained that this was his way of getting to know them. After a few minutes, he'd either get up and walk away, or come stand by me protectively.  If he got up and walked away, I knew he approved of that person.  He was always right.  Every single time he showed me that he didn't like a person, that person proved to be trouble somehow or another.

He was extremely protective of "his kittens", otherwise known as my children. Every so often I'd wake up to him yowling at me and poking me with his paws.  When I'd wake, he'd dart into one of the boys' rooms, and sure enough, that child would be running a fever or showing other signs of being ill.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

crella

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2012, 04:29:32 AM »
My Flattie-boy likes to back his butt up to the washing machine and wag, banging his tail off the machine and making a lot of noise. He look utterly pleased with himself.

oz diva

• The Classics are SO last Century
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2012, 07:08:27 AM »
Friends had a donkey, Katie, who would walk up to you, then turn around so her bum faced you. This was so you could scratch it for her. She was half wild, but oh how she did like a bum scratch.  :)

Victoria

Snooks

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2012, 07:32:32 AM »
One of our cats loves the cardboard strips that come off Amazon boxes.  She also likes any type of ribbon (including the peel off strips on envelopes) and will dig in the bin to get her paws on some, if you catch her she just speeds up the eating which means you have to grab her quick and pull it out of her mouth, thankfully she has yet to throw up when we pull 3+ inches of ribbon out of her mouth.

25wishes

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2012, 10:28:04 AM »
I don't currently have any pets, but a couple of friends do. One has a dog that does 2 weird things.
a - if he passes gas, his owner says "PEE-YEW!" loudly, dog gets up and leaves the room
b- if you are eating, he watches you intently, but if you look at him, he looks away as if "nope, I wasn't watching you."

Other friend will throw treats for his dog, dog is not interested until friend calls his wife to pick up the treats off the carpet. Then the dog will eat them.

BarensMom

« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2012, 10:38:41 AM »
hmmm, this whole thread has me smiling.  ;D

My female cat, Rukia, has a fetish for my arm pits. I will be sitting in my chair and she will get up on the arm of it and proceed to try to go down my sleeve into my arm pit. She noses around and wants to get as close as possible. She has no left/right preference, just that I wear short sleeves so she can get ready access.

What happened to Byakuya?

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2012, 11:39:06 AM »
I've posted this before, but Jack does this a lot:

Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)