Author Topic: Weird things your pets do  (Read 17267 times)

MizA

• Every day is the best day ever.
Re: Weird things your pets do
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2012, 11:47:31 AM »
Gigi Wunderkitten likes to lie on piles of pink or teal funfur, purring like a tractor.  No other colour will do.  Unless she's sitting in the lap of my skeleton, which is slightly pointier. 

Every so often, she'll stand on her hind legs at the foot of the bed, stare out the door, and growl with fur on end.  Those are the nights I don't sleep so well.

And when I get home from night shifts, she brings me my sleep mask while I brush my teeth.  Then we cuddle until I pass out.
)'( The world would rather hug you than hurt you )'(

DoubleTrouble

« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2012, 11:55:19 AM »
Our new puppy Toby has a thing for crayons. It's like he has crayon-dar in his brain, if the tiniest piece of crayon is on the floor, he'll find it & eat it. At least I only buy Crayola & when I found that he had eaten an entire teal crayon I was not happy as he was only 3 lbs at the time. The ER vet tech just laughed & said Toby would be fine since they were non-toxic. But it did make the next day interesting as my boys couldn't figure out why things were now differently colored (we're trying to teach them proper pet care) ;D

Snooks

« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2012, 12:51:54 PM »
I've posted this before, but Jack does this a lot:

Can't you see he's asking for your help?  He's fallen and he can't get up, you'd best bring him some cat treats to keep him going in this difficult time.

stargazer

• Super Hero!
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2012, 01:57:40 PM »
Smokey also loves plastic.  He tries to eat it so I am constantly on the lookout for fallen plastic but somehow he can find it anywhere.

Mouse - well, I'm not quite sure how it started, but is the only cat ever probably who LOVES having his tail pulled.  He will back up to you and wander around you until you do it.  I tend to do it very very gently but DH accidentally lifted him off his back feet once when he tugged on it and that doesn't even seem to faze him.  Something is wrong with that cat. 

misha412

« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2012, 02:03:49 PM »
And I forgot about my dog, Dagan.

If I say something like "uh-oh", Dagan goes on full alert. Growling and snorting. Pacing the house. For some reason that I cannot figure out, he started doing this out of the blue a few months after I got him.

nuit93

« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2012, 03:50:09 PM »
My cat Max likes to go places he's not allowed (the kitchen, the living room fireplace, etc).  As soon as I say his name in the right tone of voice he's out of there in a flash.

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2012, 04:59:27 PM »
My Sammy is a little perv! He just loves loves loves to have his little hiney spanked. When you enter the room he will dart to the back of the couch, stick his butt in the air and writhe and wiggle while he anticipates the spanking. once he gets his spankys, the purring and drooling begin. Of course we are very gentle when we do it, as I don't imagine that long term the spankings are particularly good for his hips.

Weirdo.

I had to come back to this one!  :)

So, you are an enabler. Um. What does that say about you?

Shall we start a thread about weird things people with pets do?

LOL! CRUD MONKEYS!, what does that say about us? I never thought about it that way...! But I would defy you to refuse him when he looks at you with those big, pleading eyes.

(hanging head in shame and going off to contemplate my actions as a kitty-hiney enabler)

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

MerryCat

« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2012, 05:39:44 PM »
My Sammy is a little perv! He just loves loves loves to have his little hiney spanked. When you enter the room he will dart to the back of the couch, stick his butt in the air and writhe and wiggle while he anticipates the spanking. once he gets his spankys, the purring and drooling begin. Of course we are very gentle when we do it, as I don't imagine that long term the spankings are particularly good for his hips.

Weirdo.

My cat Cassie likes to be spanked too! I thought she was the only one! She likes quick light little rapid-fire swats to the rear.

JustEstelle

« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2012, 05:44:44 PM »
Protector of the Realm, Her Royal Highness Queen Spot I did something this morning that baffled the daylights out of me and her "brothers" and had me and DH laughing. 

Spot is a brown calico tabby cat, so named "Spot" because of an orange spot just above her right eye.  She is the owner of this place and only allows the rest of us to live here out of the goodness of her heart.  Besides, she needs loyal subjects and wait staff.   ;)

DH had the dogs outside, and I was sitting in the den with our boy kitties.  I heard this faint "me-OW!" that I instantly recognized as Spot, but it sounded like she was in a well or trapped in something.  I jumped up, as did Charlie and the rest of our boys, to go investigate and let her out of whatever she had trapped herself in.  Spot was sitting on the table, just looking around at us.  "Good.  You're all here.  Now we can begin our meeting.  First order of business is to FEED ME NOW."

She honestly had thrown her voice to make it sound like she was trapped.  She's a lovable little oddball.

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2012, 05:51:17 PM »

Weirdo.

My cat Cassie likes to be spanked too! I thought she was the only one! She likes quick light little rapid-fire swats to the rear.

Good! I'm glad Sammy isn't the only little weirdo!  :)

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

finecabernet

« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2012, 11:20:03 PM »
Wanda, a cat belonging to a friend of mine, used to love the vacuum cleaner (very odd for a cat). Most of all, she loved to be "vacuumed" with the brush attachment. I witnessed this once and she looked like she was in ecstasy!

Kaora

• I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band
« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2012, 02:51:52 AM »
I've posted this before, but Jack does this a lot:

I love the picture.  Is she a seal, or a turkey? :)

Our current cat, Tails, is scared of most everything.  If something moves absolutely wrong, he will startle and look at it for a minute, then go back to his business.  This includes us walking, open up boxes, curtains, and sometimes, cooking.

The same cat didn't jump when I accidentally dropped the Wii Balance Board with a huge KERBOOM.  He just went on his business. :o

He also loves fighting tape.  Loose tape hanging off an Amazon box?  He's beating it up.  Yes, we make sure he doesn't eat any, but...

Andy, our most recently gone cat, loved, LOVED, L-O-V-E-D catnip.  I mean, most cats would be happy with their casual highs, we came home once to see a cat happily sitting in a double trayed, cardboard cat scratcher, one of the scratching parts ontop of his head, the rest of him laying in the bottom of the box with the herbs, practically green from the catnip he managed to get to.

He once spent a week in a REALLY GOOD mood.  We were all puzzled, until we looked beside the bookshelf and saw he not only knocked off the bag of catnip, by climbing on the couch next to it, he ripped the bag open and he was rolling in it.  Catnip got moved to a safer location. ::)

Callie, Andy's long gone sister, loved to nurse.  Cat licking your arm and kneeding kitty biscuits into it was hardly good for skin. ::)  I hear its a neurotic behavior from being weaned too early, but...

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2012, 07:47:53 AM »
Our cat, Bamf, loves to lick the filing cabinet.  We've worked out that there's some traces of tape residue on it that feels good on his tongue, although that's disturbingly close to having a cat who eats glue.  (So if he were human, he'd be that kindergartener.)   ;D

We've also caught him pawing at the fridge.  Not because he wants anything from it; the best we can guess is that he likes the feel of the door against his paw.
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

Syfygeek

« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2012, 08:32:37 AM »
My son's dog, Harry, freaks out when you get his nose- you know, like you do with kids- Got your nose and you put your thumb between you fingers?  Well Harry falls for it every time, barks his head off, jumps trying to get your hand so he can have his nose back. 

And this keeps up until you rub your hand on his face, putting back his nose.  It's hysterical.
That's my purse! I don't know you!

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2012, 09:29:01 AM »
Our Skip is convinced that a single drop of rain coming in contact with his fair young body will...? Make him break out in hives? Die shrieking, "I'M MELTING, MELTING?" Dunno. He hates going out in it, even for a potty break. You have to shove him out the door. Weirdo dog.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls