Author Topic: Weird things your pets do  (Read 15686 times)

onikenbai

Re: Weird things your pets do
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2012, 09:08:48 PM »
If Oni wants attention and you happen to be asleep, he will crawl on to your chest, take a deep breath and huffs up your nose to wake you up.  That is then followed by a head butt which can nearly throw you out of bed.  No clue how a 7lb cat manages to make that work.

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2012, 10:09:24 PM »
Duke: Great Dane, thinks he's a cat. If I give him a treat he doesn't like, I call the cats, and give it to one of them. He then decides that if the cats like it, he must eat it.

Ligre: Was my daughters half sisters cat, he came with that name. I don't think there are any branches on his family tree. He likes to play tag with the kids. You run, he chases, he runs you chase.

Smudge: She is Queen Princess. She prefers to drink her water fresh from the faucet. She will break up cat spats, and no one will start anything with her. Someone just thinking about it will get the look of death from her. She weighs physically all of 5 pounds, but has the attitude of something 100 times that. I got her from a friend of mine who had kittens. She was 12 weeks old, and completely weaned. A couple weeks after I got her she started suckling, and would leave itty bitty kitty hickeys where ever she was suckling.

Baby Boy: The product of a stray, was supposed to be rehomed. Drinks water out of the water bowl with his front legs wrapped in a manner that looks as though, instead of drinking is vomiting from drinking too much.

Baby Girl: Sister of above cat, with the same story. She maybe weighs 3 pounds, is about the size of a 6 month old cat at 5. She walks absolutely no where, but instead, runs. When she is very happy, she insists on giving kisses. Her nose, to your mouth. Just a light touch.

Buddy the Kitty Kitty: Loves everybody and every body loves him. He says good morning to the dog. Solid black, probably 18 pounds. I can put him outside on a harness and it takes to it like he was born wearing it. He tolerates my granddaughter trying to pick him up and snuggle with him. He's nearly bigger than her. Thinks he's a dog.

Rampage: If I turn the faucet on to run water, he will get in the sink and play in the water.

Havoc: Rampages brother, emulates the dog. Will lay on the couch next to the dog, laying the same way the dog does. Will play with the most obscure things. His latest toy was a toostie pop. He carried it all over, talking and chattering like he had "real" prey.

Dip: Brother to Rampage and Havoc. Launches himself 5 plus feet off the ground, up the wall, then tears around the house.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2012, 08:49:08 AM »
This is Harley, who gives me nose to nose kisses and likes to look at me from behind my laptop, so I see one half of his face. He is 14 and a half and I love him so much. Harley loves to play with cotton swabs, plastic bags, and tinsel balls.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 08:50:41 AM by ladyknight1 »

Baby Snakes

« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2012, 11:36:36 AM »
My cat Trixie loves to go out on our enclosed deck.  When the weather changes and it is the slightest bit cold outside, she will hop from foot to foot shaking her front paws.  We call it the paw flickies and even have a rating system.  One paw flickie is a little chilly, three or more mean it is freezing out there.  Still doesn't stop her from going out though! :)

Lexophile

« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2012, 01:22:20 PM »
My dog begs for a turn every time I turn on the hair dryer.
"Submission to what people call their 'lot' is simply ignoble. If your lot makes you cry and be wretched, get rid of it and take another." - Elizabeth von Arnim

mmswm

« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2012, 04:45:44 PM »
Another story about Booger.  He LOVED snow.  He'd hurl himself off a second floor balcony to get to the cold white stuff.  Even in what turned out to be his last winter, he'd turn into a kitten again when he went outside to play in the snow.

Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Hillia

« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2012, 06:17:03 PM »
Weird Dog (yes, that's her name), our chihuahua, loves lettuce.  If I'm cleaning a head of lettuce in the kitchen, she will run in and beg for a leaf, which she'll then carry off to the Weird Dog Cave under our bed.

Her favorite game is to drag one of my shoes into a clear spot on the floor, then stick her head in it and push it around the floor.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2012, 06:37:34 PM »
That spot on a cat's back, where it attaches to the tail, is a spot where most cats like to be scritched. They arch and purr and life is grand.

Colossus does much more than that. While arching and purring, he starts licking the air. If a person/other cat/dog is anywhere near his face while the scritching occurs, he will lick that being with all the passionate love any cat may have. Sadly, that does lead to biting, but they are love bites and meant in the most generous way.

He must have been separated at birth from my Tamerlane, who does the same thing. Given the name Colossus I assume he's a pretty large cat, as is Tamerlane.
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2012, 06:47:08 PM »
Here, for anyone who hasn't read it and wants to, is the infamous Bacon Incident involving Square (real name Andromeda): http://www.jenniferjo.com/Square_Bacon_Incident.htm

Roughly half of my cats enjoy having their flanks/butts rather vigorously patted. Several of them love having their tails pulled - not hard, of course, but firmly. Flynn actually loves it when you grab her tail and lift her hindquarters off the ground a bit.

Three of them (Aisling, Dubh, and Solentiname) like to be vacuumed. Aisling is deaf, which makes it understandable, but the other two can hear just fine.

Though she's mostly grown out of it now, when Sophia was younger, she enjoyed playing in water - a rather strange hobby for a cat. I'll edit this to post the YouTube videos this evening.

ETA: The Sophia Splash videos
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UquEv1iQXi8
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeHatXKAlFg
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa4w12HPbWw
Part 4 (aka Outdoor Adventure): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WliZGLzbud8
Part 5 (aka Whoops!): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWgFEBnF-Bg

Bobby, our eldest dog, likes to rub up against people's legs like a cat.

Aardvark (real name Creedence) used to climb on top of our cars on a regular basis. Apparently the novelty wore off, as he doesn't do it anymore.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 12:04:44 AM by bansidhe »
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2012, 08:16:09 PM »
Here, for anyone who hasn't read it and wants to, is the infamous Bacon Incident involving Square (real name Andromeda): http://www.jenniferjo.com/Square_Bacon_Incident.htm

Holy Moly! That is one devious-and diabolically clever-cat!

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

mmswm

« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2012, 08:26:21 PM »

I was laughing so hard I had tears rolling down my face and my friend, who is sitting in the next room, came in to check on me and make sure I wasn't going to pass out or something.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2012, 09:54:44 PM »
A couple more cats...

Yoda, my daughter cat, who passed a couple years ago, would roll on a freshly shampooed carpet, or mopped kitchen floor.

Scar, loved to scratch on Styrofoam. So much so, that if I ever had any, I would call him, and throw it on the floor for him to shred. The look of sheer glee on his face from Styrofoam was awesome.

*there is a difference between sure and sheer I can't distinguish when I am exhausted.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 07:26:14 AM by wonderfullyanonymous »

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2012, 12:01:02 AM »

I was laughing so hard I had tears rolling down my face and my friend, who is sitting in the next room, came in to check on me and make sure I wasn't going to pass out or something.

We really miss Square. She had quite the personality: half  :-* and half  >:D. She kicked cancer's butt for a full year before it finally got the upper hand.
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

Girlie

« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2012, 10:04:55 AM »
My cat Lucy will take the Chihuahua's food and drop it, piece by piece, into the water bowl beside the food dish. She doesn't do this with her own food. Just the dog's.

LibraryLady

« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2012, 11:31:56 AM »
I don't think this is so much weird as much as Junior is slipping into old age dementia.  We feed Frank the cat and Junior at night.  They then
come back in and find their sleeping spot for the night.  Junior will wander the kitchen or living room, yowling mournfully for 2 or 3 minutes,
or until I calm him down by talking to him.  Junior is 18 yrs old.  We are being careful to keep things in same spots so he can sleep in
his familiar places.  Poor baby!