Author Topic: Weird things your pets do  (Read 15721 times)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: Weird things your pets do
« Reply #150 on: November 21, 2012, 03:54:46 PM »
One of my supervisor's cats likes to bury his toy mice in the food bowl.  Fortunately, his brother is the tolerant sort, since they share.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #151 on: November 21, 2012, 04:43:45 PM »
I have now learned the hard way. Buy one more piece of chicken than you plan to eat, because my two carpet sharks will circle you like an injured seal until you give them a tiny bit of chicken. I call it the poultry frenzy.

LEMon

« Reply #152 on: November 22, 2012, 12:08:17 AM »
Someone mentioned a cat that didn't like blowing leaves.  Our pup does not like walking on leaves.  Fall sees the most interesting manuevers as she tries to walk down the sidewalk without stepping on leaves, while remembering where she needs to tell us to cross the road or the house doggies will bark at us.

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #153 on: November 22, 2012, 12:13:54 AM »
uh... when I was a kid, we had a male cat (non-neutered) bring home a kitten once

Did you keep the kitten?

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

SamiHami

« Reply #154 on: November 22, 2012, 12:24:23 AM »
I'm such a dork! How could I forget to tell you all about Sammy's daily quest to save us from a sock uprising?

Every morning without fail, he jumps on the bed while I am getting dressed. I tend o get colder than DH, so I have an extra blanket on my side. It has a big, yellow smiley face on it. That is the arena. Sammy takes a fuzzy Christmas sock (that he stole from me a long time ago) and attacks it for all it's worth. It can get very heated! He does this every day, and never ever ever ever plays with/attacks the sock anywhere else. It must be in the arena.

Sammy resting after one of his epic battles.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 12:26:01 AM by SamiHami »

rain

« Reply #155 on: November 22, 2012, 06:51:39 AM »
uh... when I was a kid, we had a male cat (non-neutered) bring home a kitten once

Did you keep the kitten?

of course (she was kind of a shared cat with our neighbor)- but she was extremely feral - never did get to touch her
"oh we thank thee lord for the things we need, like the wind and the rain and the apple seed"

Gyburc

« Reply #156 on: November 22, 2012, 06:54:57 AM »
A former goose kept trying to mate with me.

I've heard other goose owners say this. Fortunately, Titan has not tried this with me so far!  ;D

I really need to set up a fence in the garden to keep the geese away from the house. Our new back doors are French doors, so the geese spend all of their time sitting outside trying to see what we are doing in the house (and if we are likely to be bringing them food). Titan keeps trying to bite through the glass, and every time one of us goes past the door, all three of them start shouting at us.  ::)

Sounds like the goose version of football on TV.

"Throw the corn! No, you fool! Over here!"
"What's he doing?"
"Passing, I think. Throw the corn out here! C'mon, THROW IT!"
<sigh> "Scraggy, he can't hear you through the glass..."

Yep, that's our house, and our geese! Except that we can actually hear them, and it's really distracting.  :)
When you look into the photocopier, the photocopier also looks into you

Melle

« Reply #157 on: November 27, 2012, 10:28:27 AM »
I can add another catnip-like smell-fetish of my cat:
Raw, unpeeled carrots...

Ginger G

« Reply #158 on: November 27, 2012, 10:48:53 AM »
Background - I've taught a few of my cats to fetch over the years, but not one has taken to it quite the way my two year old tabby Charlie has.  He is obsessed with it as much as any dog I've ever seen.  You'll be sitting there minding your own business and he will keep bringing toys until you give in and play.  If you continue to try to ignore him, he will jump up and put the toy in your lap.  I've woken up covered with toys on more than one occasion.

So, this past Friday I was laying on the couch trying to recover from Thanksgiving which I had hosted at my home.  My back was hurting from all the cooking and cleaning I had been doing all week.  Normally we put our Christmas tree up either the Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving, but with my back hurting there was no way that was going to happen until the next weekend.   So, I was laying there and Charlie comes up to me and he has something odd hanging out of his mouth.  I took the item from him, and to my surprise it was a sealed ziplock bag full of Christmas tree ornament hooks.  I have NO idea where he got it, it should have been up in the attic with the Christmas stuff.  I guess that was his way of telling me he knows it's time to decorate for Christmas! 

rain

« Reply #159 on: November 27, 2012, 06:49:03 PM »
Raw, unpeeled carrots...

um.... for oddness your kitty wins, but for being attracted to stinky things ... my cat just loves my DS's soccer shoes - he really goes wild rubbing his cheeks on them & trying to play with them
"oh we thank thee lord for the things we need, like the wind and the rain and the apple seed"

MerryCat

« Reply #160 on: November 27, 2012, 08:14:11 PM »
Rain, my cats like stinky shoes too. Mitten also  likes to hide her favorite toys in your shoe and push them all they way down to the toes.  If you try to jam your shoes on without checking for toys first you end up with sore toes.

SamiHami

« Reply #161 on: November 27, 2012, 09:05:11 PM »
Rain, my cats like stinky shoes too. Mitten also  likes to hide her favorite toys in your shoe and push them all they way down to the toes.  If you try to jam your shoes on without checking for toys first you end up with sore toes.

Sammy used to do that when he was a kitten!

LibraryLady

« Reply #162 on: November 28, 2012, 11:56:23 AM »
My BIL is a farmer and he wore his farm boots here one time ( they had the smell of cow manure on them), he took them off at the door,
and I think perhaps some dried grains fell off.  After they left, Junior my old cat, sniffed the area and reacted to it just like catnip!  He laid on it
squirmed all over it, purred up a storm (and he is not a purr-er) and just went crazy.
He was a sad kitty when we vaccuumed the area.   :(

whiskeytangofoxtrot

« Reply #163 on: November 28, 2012, 01:18:47 PM »
Our hound mix, Caleb, has a thing for wet hair and towels, or maybe it's the hair products, we're not sure. Whatever the case, if I stoop to give him cuddles with my hair wrapped in a towel, he goes bonkers wanting to roll on it, and on my head. A few nuzzles and shoulder rolls, and he's a happy little lad. We've started to call it "dognip".

Snooks

« Reply #164 on: November 28, 2012, 03:26:06 PM »
Raw, unpeeled carrots...

Mine too, except we noticed it when we were eating raw carrots and talking to the cat.  She almost had her head in our mouths trying to get to the smell.