Author Topic: Weird things your pets do  (Read 13223 times)

Miss Misery

• Humanity is overrated.
Re: Weird things your pets do
« Reply #165 on: November 28, 2012, 03:29:24 PM »
Frapps the kitty scoops the catfood out of the bowl with her paw before eating it.

Arlo the fat cat likes to pull the towels off the rack and sleep on them.

MorgnsGrl

« Reply #166 on: November 28, 2012, 03:32:58 PM »
I'm such a dork! How could I forget to tell you all about Sammy's daily quest to save us from a sock uprising?

Every morning without fail, he jumps on the bed while I am getting dressed. I tend o get colder than DH, so I have an extra blanket on my side. It has a big, yellow smiley face on it. That is the arena. Sammy takes a fuzzy Christmas sock (that he stole from me a long time ago) and attacks it for all it's worth. It can get very heated! He does this every day, and never ever ever ever plays with/attacks the sock anywhere else. It must be in the arena.

Sammy resting after one of his epic battles.

Love this story! We once had a cat with a sock fetish but he would steal any sock he could find.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #167 on: November 28, 2012, 03:34:53 PM »
You know Snoopy's vulture position on top of the dog house?  Sassy has been in this position on top of the hot water heater the last few nights when I've gone down to feed them.  I put Sassy's dish up on top of the dryer, which is right beside the hot water heater, due to my other cat being very food oriented and I'm trying to keep her from eating too much.  Sass doesn't overeat.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #168 on: November 28, 2012, 03:52:07 PM »
Ever since the time change a few weeks ago, my elderly cat Harley begins to walk around DH and I at 5AM sharp. He has slept with us since he was a kitten, and I am certainly not going to make him stop, but I am also not sure why he began doing this! When he walks on my hair it hurts!

mw8242

« Reply #169 on: November 28, 2012, 04:01:58 PM »
Paddy has a weird habit of meowing and carrying on around 3am. He only quiets down when I get up and go to the bathroom - then he eats, his bowl is right outside the bathroom. I'm not sure if he's fearful for my bladder or if he just wants an audience during his snack. I've tried not getting up & yelling at him to shut up but he's stubborn & I'm tired...he wins.

nuit93

« Reply #170 on: November 28, 2012, 05:02:24 PM »
Frapps the kitty scoops the catfood out of the bowl with her paw before eating it.

Our older cat Scsi does that too!  She'll whine if she can't get the bits of dry food out of the bowl.

MrsCrazyPete

« Reply #171 on: November 29, 2012, 07:21:46 PM »
When our cat Stuey was a baby, he LOVED to jump on top of the iguana cage. He could look down and watch Max (the iguana) crawl around, plus the heat lamps made it very warm up there!

Max HATED having an audience, so we tried to discourage Stuey's habit. We discovered that he got u there by starting on the back of the sofa, jumped onto the dinette table and then directly on top of the cage.

Well, we REALLY his plans! Our (glass topped) dinette table had a removable top. We hardly used the table anyway, so we took the glass off and stored it in the closet. That night, Stuey took a running start, jumped onto the sofa, jumped toward the table....and sailed right through the open frame and onto the floor! We were laughing hysterically for at least a half an hour. He was embarrassed and sulked under our bed for a whole day.
Sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #172 on: November 29, 2012, 08:53:56 PM »
my  dog Jasper's most favorite thing to do is to curl up with a human on the couch. but it must me only ONE human at a time. If a second human joins in and sits on the couch and gives her lovins while the first human is petting her as well, she growls.  ::)

mmswm

« Reply #173 on: November 29, 2012, 08:56:45 PM »
I'm staying with friends right now and they have a litter of 5 week old Golden Retrievers.  One of the pups is absolutely the funniest and cutest dog I've ever met. This pup just adores being on his back.  Even when he was a newborn he would nurse while laying on his back. These days, if you reach down to pet him, the first thing he does is flop over on his back.  He sleeps on his back and wiggles around in their play box on his back.  I've never seen a dog love to be upside down quite so much.

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #174 on: December 02, 2012, 02:47:53 PM »
Our Boxer, Daisy, simply adores buttered popcorn, and she will say "Mama" when she watches us eat it and we ask her what she wants.  If she's really desperate, she'll put about five "ma's" into it.  We never taught her to do that, but it's pretty funny.  Except when we're not in the mood to share, then it's not so cute.