Etiquette School is in session! > Complete Silence

This Was the Only Response I Could Think Of

<< < (5/5)

Marbles:
I think you did well. I'm pretty sure my response would have been "what the ehell are you talking about?"

Dollenganger:
I would have said "well  -- that was excellent -- You take your medication today?

cass2591:

--- Quote from: Dollenganger on September 14, 2012, 07:49:34 PM ---I would have said "well  -- that was excellent -- You take your medication today?

--- End quote ---

No. That serves no purpose.  Not only is it also rude, but why engage with someone like that and possibly escalate the situation into a war of words? Let it go.

Shea:
It seems that this woman feels bad about herself and decided to take out her insecurities on you. Sure, maybe it would have been good to say "What an interesting assumption", but confronted with that level of rude, insulting presumption, who among us would have the presence of mind to respond in such a way? Not me, probably. Complete silence was a perfectly appropriate way of handling it.

TheaterDiva1:
Seriously, if I saw you "strutting" around to music while working out, I wouldn't have thought you were conceited.  I would've thought you were just having fun - something that rude lady should try once in a while!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version