Author Topic: Formatting issues?  (Read 2034 times)

Minmom3

Formatting issues?
« on: July 13, 2012, 11:10:12 PM »
For the past 2 days, when a page loads, it sometimes loads without the current formatting template.  The entire page is white, the links are all left justified and blue, and the links the system knows I've clicked on recently are purple.  It's hard as hell to follow, and I don't really know if it's MY computer that has the problem, or E-Hell, or WHAT the heck is going on.  It's driving me nuts, though!  There doesn't seem to be any consistency on which page has this issue either.  It started either Wednesday night or Thursday sometime.

And just for the record, I haven't had the images of the smiley faces for months, just the test ID for them.  I think that's more likely to be my specific computer, but I'd love to know how to remedy that, too!

Melinda
(frustrated and aggravated!)
Mother to children and fuzz butts....

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: Formatting issues?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 10:50:28 AM »
What browser are you using?  And are you on a PC or a Mac?

I'm not a techie but the techie's who can help will need to know that information.   :)
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

O'Dell

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 02:04:12 PM »
For the smilies issue, have you tried going into your profile and checking under "look and layout"? Under your current smiley set try setting it to "default" and see if that helps. There were issues around that some time ago. If that doesn't fix it, then I got nothing. :)

What browser are you using? You might try updating it. To do that you can google "updating <browser name>" and get instructions. I use Chrome and haven't had any problems with the forum lately.

Extensions and add-ons to browsers can cause some funky things to go on, or so I have found. Have you installed one recently? Try turning it off or other extensions one-by-one.
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.
Walt Whitman

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 04:08:38 PM »
When you click on a topic, is every other reply shaded grey?  Look at the address bar- Is there a "wap2" towards the end? You're on the mobile site. Remove the 'wap2' and everything after and you'll be back at the full site.
Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning. - Maya Angelou

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 10:14:27 PM »
I get that when my local internet service is overloaded during peak times.  The formatting disappears, everything goes left justified with basic links.    I just refresh the page.