Author Topic: Thanks for Facebook birthday wishes  (Read 2542 times)

EMuir

Thanks for Facebook birthday wishes
« on: July 18, 2012, 02:09:15 AM »
Recently it was my birthday and many FB friends posted well wishes on my wall.

Later in the day I posted to my wall thanking everyone.

Should I have "liked" every comment?  If I replied to each of them, everyone would have gotten multiple notifications.  Should I have personally messaged each person to thank them?  Or was a general thanks post on my wall enough?

MariaE

• So many books, so little time
Re: Thanks for Facebook birthday wishes
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 02:16:24 AM »
A general thanks is definitely enough.

Dane by birth, Kiwi by choice

Ceallach

• This Is It
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 02:20:49 AM »
I do a general thanks in my status, mainly due to time constaints.  I've seen others comment or like personally each message, but I feel that it's unnecessary. 

In my mind I think the RL correlation is like all of your friends singing Happy Birthday to you at a party and you then make a quick thank you speech to them all.   ;D   

Whereas I guess others think of it as a personal greeting/gift which should be personally acknowledged.
"Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something"

embellish

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 05:25:00 AM »
I do a general thanks in my status, mainly due to time constaints.  I've seen others comment or like personally each message, but I feel that it's unnecessary. 

In my mind I think the RL correlation is like all of your friends singing Happy Birthday to you at a party and you then make a quick thank you speech to them all.   ;D   

Whereas I guess others think of it as a personal greeting/gift which should be personally acknowledged.

Thats a great way of thinking about it :D  On my next birthday I'm going to picture everyone singing to me!

Most people I know do a general thank you in their status. I think thats fine.

blueberry.muffin

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 06:53:14 AM »
I tend to "like" the comments only because some people may not see if I post something on my wall but they will definitely get a notification on a "like." It's still a lot faster than personally commenting. :)