Author Topic: I defriended on FB and paid for it in person! How to handle future meetings?  (Read 5346 times)

JacklynHyde

Sadly, I do know I was scrubbed from the guest list from at least one gathering.  I only knew about it because the hostess posted publicly that it had been canceled due to her illness.  This was after I had known about her illness and had offered to take her to Urgent Care.  My offers of help will probably not be as forthcoming in the future.

LB

Sadly, I do know I was scrubbed from the guest list from at least one gathering.  I only knew about it because the hostess posted publicly that it had been canceled due to her illness.  This was after I had known about her illness and had offered to take her to Urgent Care.  My offers of help will probably not be as forthcoming in the future.

I know this hurts, I'm sorry. But really, I have a feeling these people will eventually cause drama with other friends or mutual acquaintances. Either the hostess will start seeing this and stop inviting them or many of  her other guests will start having very busy lives and be unavailable every time she has an event.

weeblewobble

ACK.  :o

I don't think you have any reason to be conversational with them. I would give them the full cut.

They sound insane!

POD.  No explanation you give will be good enough for them.   And you shouldn't explain yourself to someone who plans to make unwanted, extramarital Scrabble moves on you- and talks about it like it's some sort of priviledge for you.  (He's only staying friends with you...)  Give them the cut and don't feel bad about it.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
...   Give them the cut and don't feel bad about it. ...

I agree, but I get the impression that the OP fears that if she does this she will lose some of their other mutual friends in the process, which she does not want to happen.

I must say that this whole thing sounds very much like Junior High antics.  OP ~~  Are you sure you don't just need a whole new set of friends altogether?  :-\